The honours were shared in the south-east London derby as Championship relegation rivals Millwall and Charlton cancelled each other out in a scoreless Den stalemate.

Ian Holloway made three changes from the starting XI beaten 1-0 at Blackpool midweek.

Most notable was the inclusion of young midfielder Fred Onyedinma who was handed his first start by the club after coming off the bench at Bloomfield Road.

Alan Dunne and Simeon Jackson got the nod as Ryan Fredericks was named among the subs, with no place in the matchday squad at all for Federico Bessone or Lee Martin.

Austrian striker Stefan Maierhofer, signed on a short term deal yesterday, was included among the substitutes along with John Marquis, recalled on Thursday from his loan spell at Northampton.

Charlton’s only change from their 0-0 draw with Huddersfield on Wednesday saw Bradley Pritchard come in for Reza Ghoochannejhad.

The Lions created the first opportunity on seven minutes when Shaun Williams’ cross picked out Onyedinma, but the youngster was denied a dream debut goal as his header was glanced just over the bar.

Bradley Pritchard’s pass sent Callum Harriott through six minutes later but he placed his low drive straight at David Forde.

Simeon Jackson tested Ben Hamer with a well struck 35 yard effort, while Dunne almost gifted an opening for Marvin Sordell at the other end only to make amends by blocking the Charlton striker’s cross at the expense of a corner.

Sordell blasted a free-kick well off target, much to the obvious delight of the home fans, before Williams decided to try his luck from outside of the box with an effort that flew harmlessly behind.

Dunne got his body in the way to prevent Pritchard’s volley testing Forde and Shane Lowry got an equally vital touch to deflect behind Harriott’s curling shot, with skipper Johnnie Jackson heading straight at the Lions keeper from the resultant corner.

Morison went close on 32 minutes with a shot that went inches wide after getting on the end of Dunne’s pass.

Hamer was fortunate Ed Upson’s long range shot on the stroke of half-time went behind after he initially flapped it but both sides went in level at the break.

Astrit Ajdarevic made way for Jordan Couisns at the restart and Charlton should have gone in front within five minutes as Rhoys Wiggins’ excellent cross was put just wide by Harriott at the back post.

Holloway threw on new addition Maierhofer for Upson moments later before Sordell picked up a yellow card for diving under a challenge from Dunne.

Dorian Dervite hacked the danger away to prevent Morison getting on the end of Onyedinma’s low ball after the Lions youngster did well to get beyond Lawrie Wilson.

Substitute Ghoochannejhad really should have done a lot better when he drilled a tame effort at Forde despite being unmarked.

Maierhofer made the most of his 6ft8in height to meet Owen garvan’s 72nd minute corner but unfortunately for him his header went over.

Jackson saw a free-kick blocked by the wall but Wilson did well to get on the end of the loose ball to win a corner which Forde failed to come out and deal with before the danger was hacked clear.

But Millwall could have won it as Fredericks’ cross was flicked on by Morison but a Charlton defender got back to put in a block which prevented Maierhofer from scoring.

Hamer had to tip behind Garvan’s curling free-kick as three minutes of time were signalled, the only chance of which saw a Lions corner wasted as both sides had to settle for a point which probably does neither any real favours.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Millwall: Forde, Dunne (Fredericks 72), Robinson, Lowry, Williams, Upson (Maierhofer 51), Garvan, Jackson (McDonald 57), Onyedinma, Woolford, Morison. Subs not used: Bywater, Beevers, Malone, Marquis.

Charlton: Hamer, Wilson, Wiggins, Dervite, Morrison, Pritchard (Church 77), Harriott, Poyet, Jackson, Ajdarevic (Cousins 46), Sordell (Ghoochannejhad 65). Subs not used: Thuram-Ulien, Green, Wood, Nego. Att: 16,102 (2,431 from Charlton).