This week was the penultimate week of the South London & Kent Pool Alliance winter league season and for the first season ever all promotion, relegation and trophy issues are still yet to be decided.

At the top of the Premier Division, O'Connors could have wrapped up the title but they lost, 8-7 to Glenmore Arms A, who are fighting to stay out of the relegation zone.

Glenmore started the best, winning the first set 3-2, which included a 7-baller for Dean Coppen against Tony Gear.

They went on to win the second set by the same score with Paul Thomas winning two out of two.

Dean Greaney-Parr made it three losses for Gear to put Glenmore 7-4 up and only looking for one more frame to seal the match.

James Sheed pulled one back for O'Connors then Naftali Ayieko won his third frame of the night to bring them to within one before Joe Kane equalised.

The final frame decider became a family affair, as Adam Coppen, who had already lost two frames played his brother Dean, who had already won two and it was Dean who kept the bragging rights, to leave himself on three out of three wins and his brother on three out of three losses, to give Glenmore the shock victory.

O'Connors were obviously missing their talisman Jordan O'Connor, who was in Malta on his way to making the semi finals of the European Under 21 tournament, congratulations Jordan.

Rileys Woolwich kept themselves in the title race, but only just, as their 12-3 victory over North Heath Social Club mean they are eleven points behind the league leaders with thirteen to play for.

North Heath actually started the better, going 3-1 up but Woolwich won each of the next eleven frames with Tony Halpin and Adam Everitt both winning all three of their frames.

North Heath drop into the bottom three and a potential play off place as a result of this loss, Glenmore's victory and Rileys Rebels great performance against Pickwick.

Despite the performance, it wasn't quite enough as Pickwick took the first two sets by three frames to two but Rebels came back in the final set to make the score seven all, before man of the match Martin Storey secured his third frame win of the night, to give Pickwick the 8-7 victory.

The bottom two, Rileys Rovers and Summerfield Nuthouse fought hard to try and lift themselves out of the relegation zone and give them something to play for next week.

Rovers won the first two frames then the next eleven frames went one way then the other until the last two frames, which also went to Rovers, giving them a 9-6 victory.

With the match being so close there was only one player that came out with a maximum three wins and that was Rovers' Ryan Francis.

This result meant the two teams swap places with only one point between them and the bottom five teams are separated by only seven points, meaning that any three from the following five could face relegation or the play off, Summerfield Nuthouse, Rileys Rovers, North Heath, Glenmore Arms A and Rileys Rebels.

In the final game in the division Foots Cray Social Club beat third placed Bellegrove Social Club A by 9 frames to 6.

Foots Cray won each set 3-2 as the visitors struggled, except for Dan Heinink, who was in great form and played superbly to win all three of his frames.

It was a night of 7-ballers for Foots Cray with Steve Gibson getting one, Andre Cox got one in his first visit after a dry break and Adam Hewson got one as part of his three frame wins.

Just like the Premier Division, nothing is decided in the SLKPA Division One as the top four teams are now separated by just eight points and are chasing the two automatic promotion spots and the one play off place.

Summerfield hauled themselves into the promotion race by making light work of league leaders Pickwick Academicals, beating them by 12 frames to 3.

Jason Levingbird was the only real resistance for the Academicals, winning two of their three frames.

As a result of this defeat, Academicals drop to third, one place and three points ahead of their opponents.

O'Dowds B took full advantage of Academicals poor display by beating Fox under the Hill 10-5 to go top of the table.

Richard Chapman won three out of three for the eleventh time this season and he was joined by Captain Keith Smith with Nik Gray chipping in with two fine frames.

The pressure is now on for the championship, in their first season in the SLKPA as Eltham Terrace Rack Pack ramped up that pressure with a 10-5 win over O'Dowds A team.

Rack Pack started the stronger winning the first three frames before Kerry Wyatt pulled one back, with Ernie Wellhausen taking the final frame of the set to give Rack Pack a 4-1 lead.

They went on to take the second set 3-2, giving them a 7-3 lead, with only one more frame needed for the victory and they got that when Wellhausen won the first frame of the final set, which was his third frame of the night.

Miro Cujic won the next frame, his third to give Rack Pack a 9-3 lead before Les Ryan pulled one back, only for Steve Murphy to restore the six frame gap.

Chris Unwin and Kerry Wyatt were both looking for their three out of three in the final frame and it was Wyatt who held her nerve to win the frame, her tenth maximum of the season, to make the final score 10-5 in Rack Pack's favour.

Rack Pack are two points behind O'Dowds B and three in front of Academicals, with these two playing each other next week it couldn't be closer.

Below the top four, Bellegrove Social Club B suffered a shock defeat 8-7 to Royal Oak Addicks, with Lee O'Brien the inspiration after three frame wins.

The final match saw White Hart beat Glenmore Arms II by 11 frames to 4

With everything to play for next week in the final league games of the season, it should be an exciting week.

For more information on the SLKPA including league tables visit our website at or contact our Secretary Paul Gafa on 07443 456662 with any queries.

The league are looking at potential sponsors, any interested parties can also contact Paul Gafa.