The South London & Kent Pool Alliance turned most of their attentions to the cup this week and the top four teams from the Premier Division were all in contention to make the semi finals but only the top two teams found their way there, with two teams from the bottom three joining them.

Fourth placed Pickwick played hosts to league leaders O’Connors and it was the league leaders who breezed past their opponents, winning the first two sets 4-1, to take the match by 8 frames to 2.

O’Connors will face bottom team Rileys Rovers in the semi after they overcame Eltham Terrace Rack Pack from the first division.

This game looked destined to go to the distance and it did just that after Rack Pack took the first set 3-2 and Rovers the second set by the same score.

Darren Porter won his third frame of the night to edge Rovers into the lead and Rob Hearn doubled that after Chris Unwin potted the black out of turn.

Rack Pack’s Tony Frost continues his hoodoo over Ryan Francis by winning his third frame to get back to one behind and Steve Murphy tied the match with a scrappy frame win.

So it was up to Steve Unwin for Rack Pack or Steve Reed for Rovers to win the match and take their team into the semi final, in a frame that had its fair share of controversy.

A debatable total snooker caused just that with virtually the whole bar, which led to some tippy-tappy shots, before Unwin conceded a foul snooker and Reed deposited his last colour but he needed both visits to clear the black to win the match.

Second placed Rileys Woolwich also took on lower division opposition in the form of Summerfield and the difference in class showed as they ran away 8-1 winners.

They will face Glenmore Arms A, who produced a shock in beating third placed Bellegrove Social Club A by 8 frames to 6.

Alan Rothwell kicked it off with the first of his two frame wins but Dan Heinink pulled it back for Bellegrove before Glenmore reeled off three frames in a row to take the first set 4-1.

Bellegrove won the first three frames of the second set to tie the match but Rothwell won his second to put Glenmore ahead again before Dan Vowles won the final frame of the set to give Bellegrove the second set by 4 frames to 1.

Paul Rowlinson won the first frame of the final set for Glenmore with a great clearance after a dry break to beat Steve Pearce for the second time on the night but Dan Foley pulled it back to six all.

Dean Greaney-Parr put Glenmore ahead again with an excellent clearance after the cue ball left the table on Vowles break and James Grant won the match for Glenmore after Heinink missed a tough cut on the black.

There was one rearranged game played in SLKPA Division One, where bottom team Fox under the Hill met third placed Pickwick Academicals.

There was some poor pool played but Academicals Billy Levingbird was having none of it as he won all three of his frames to help his team to a 9-6 victory.

This win leapfrogs them to the top of the table, two points ahead of O’Dowds B. 

For more information on the SLKPA including league tables and cup draws visit our website at or contact our Secretary Paul Gafa on 07443 456662 with any queries.

The league are looking at potential sponsors, any interested parties can also contact Paul Gafa.