YOUNG Lewisham athletes are invited to compete against top runners from across the UK at a mini marathon.
Runners aged 11 to 17 years will be selected to represent the borough for the three-mile Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon on April 13.
Trials are taking place at Ladywell Arena on March 1 at 9.30am and competitors must complete application forms by February 27.
It comes after former pupil of Stillness Primary School, in Brockley Rise, Alex Yee won the under 15s category last year and the search is on to discover more top talent.
Lewisham Council cabinet member for community services and older people Councillor Chris Best said: "We take great pride in nurturing young sporting talent in Lewisham and Alex Yee’s success last year in the under 15 category is evidence of that.
"Taking part in these trials is a fantastic opportunity for our young people and I hope that more will be inspired to enter this year."
To enter the trials download an entry form at lewisham.gov.uk/minimarathon or they are available at schools, libraries and leisure centres.
- 'It was frightening': Bexleyheath boxer talks down 'dad-of-four' from jumping off bridge on A2
- Second arrest in Eltham murder investigation after man found dead
- Tributes to 'popular' Eltham man killed after 'single punch' attack in Blackheath
- Dog 'kicked in the willy' after weeing outside Hayes butcher shop
- Bexleyheath conjoined twins, with slim chance of survival, defy odds to start school together