Lewisham young athletes' trial date to compete in Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham young athletes' trial date to compete in Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon
YOUNG Lewisham athletes are invited to compete against top runners from across the UK at a mini marathon.
Runners aged 11 to 17 years will be selected to represent the borough for the three-mile Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon on April 13.
Trials are taking place at Ladywell Arena on March 1 at 9.30am and competitors must complete application forms by February 27.
It comes after former pupil of Stillness Primary School, in Brockley Rise, Alex Yee won the under 15s category last year and the search is on to discover more top talent.
Lewisham Council cabinet member for community services and older people Councillor Chris Best said: "We take great pride in nurturing young sporting talent in Lewisham and Alex Yee’s success last year in the under 15 category is evidence of that.
"Taking part in these trials is a fantastic opportunity for our young people and I hope that more will be inspired to enter this year."
To enter the trials download an entry form at lewisham.gov.uk/minimarathon or they are available at schools, libraries and leisure centres.
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- M25 near Orpington suffering severe delays after car pulling caravan overturns
- Penge bus driver stabbed through window with knife in altercation with pedestrian
- Greenwich mudlark discovers three-year-old message in a bottle from Gravesend kids
- Young girl 'nearly abducted by stranger' during Gravesend picnic
Comments are closed on this article.