Lewisham young athletes' trial date to compete in Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham young athletes' trial date to compete in Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon
YOUNG Lewisham athletes are invited to compete against top runners from across the UK at a mini marathon.
Runners aged 11 to 17 years will be selected to represent the borough for the three-mile Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon on April 13.
Trials are taking place at Ladywell Arena on March 1 at 9.30am and competitors must complete application forms by February 27.
It comes after former pupil of Stillness Primary School, in Brockley Rise, Alex Yee won the under 15s category last year and the search is on to discover more top talent.
Lewisham Council cabinet member for community services and older people Councillor Chris Best said: "We take great pride in nurturing young sporting talent in Lewisham and Alex Yee’s success last year in the under 15 category is evidence of that.
"Taking part in these trials is a fantastic opportunity for our young people and I hope that more will be inspired to enter this year."
To enter the trials download an entry form at lewisham.gov.uk/minimarathon or they are available at schools, libraries and leisure centres.
- Do you devour or hoard Easter Eggs, and what's the best way to get into them?
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
Comments are closed on this article.