BROMLEY ended a run of four straight defeats on Saturday when they came from behind to snatch a point off 10-man Boreham Wood in a 1-1 draw at Hayes Lane.

The visitors had their captain Mario Noto dismissed in the 58th minute when he received his second yellow card for another crunching tackle on Danny Waldren, having picked up his first for an identical foul earlier on the same player.

Bromley had started the game the brighter, with Pierre Joseph-Dubois twice going close for the home side in the opening three minutes.

But the visitors came back, with Graeme Montgomery firstly shooting over after dribbling into the area before he blazed over when a corner was only partially cleared to him on the edge of the area.

Callum Reynolds was denied by Lillies keeper Joe Welch and Luke Garrard fired over from a poor clearance by Bromley’s Helge Orome.

The visitors should really have opened the scoring on 37 minutes when Piero Mingola stole in on the blind side of Sanchez Ming to crash a volley onto the underside of the bar following a cross from the right by Montgomery.

Bromley came out strongly after the break and Soloman Taiwo’s 52nd minute free-kick, stung the palms of Boreham Wood keeper James Russell, who turned it around the post. From the corner Taiwo just failed to connect properly and the ball ran through to the keeper.

The sending off came six minutes later and Bromley continued to press forward.

Marlon Patterson went close with a 30-yard free-kick, the attempt dropping just the wrong side of the angle of the post and bar.

Ming’s cross from the byline ricocheted off full-back Mark Jones to force Russell into a reflex save and prevent an own goal.

However, it the visitors went ahead on 69 minutes with their first attack of the second period and against the run of play.

Mark Jones’ thrice taken free-kick from just over the halfway line to the far post was knocked back across goal and the unmarked Montgomery glanced a header wide of Welch, which went in off the post.

Bromley then introduced Tony Finn and Mike Jones to the game and within six minutes the substitutions had paid dividends.

Mike Jones turned on Finn’s free-kick to hammer home an equaliser from around 12 yards in the 86th minute and restore parity.

The visitors were denied all three points in the final minute when Moses Swaibu made a timely tackle on Lewis Toomey after a flowing movement had put the forward in front of goal.

Although they gained a point from this game, Bromley dropped nearer to the relegation places as clubs below them took maximum points in their fixtures.

Bromley: Welch, Ming, Patterson, Fuseini, Swaibu, Orome (Finn 72), Joseph-Dubois, Taiwo (Theophanous 61), Waldron (Jones 79), Buchanan, Welsh. Subs not used: Noble, Daly. Att: 348.