A WEAKENED Bromley side crashed out of the Kent Senior Cup to Tonbridge Angels at the Longmead Stadium.

However, it needed extra-time to resolve the tie after the two teams had finished level at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Without five regular first team players, Bromley were on the back foot in the opening 20 minutes.

Tonbridge were denied by keeper George Howard when he palmed away Ollie Schulz’s header in the 16th minute before George Purcell shot wide of an empty goal two minutes later.

Louie Theophanous then had two good chances to put Bromley ahead, being denied in both instances by home keeper Lee Worgan.

Max Noble was brutally upended near the byline by Nathan Koranteng after being put through by Mike Jones, but Worgan tipped away Noble’s free-kick from underneath the bar.

At the other end, Sanchez Ming cleared Henry Muggeridge’s shot off the line and a Purcell glancing header went just wide.

The last action of the half saw Muggeridge receive lengthy treatment following his blocking of Jones’ volley on the line, taking the full force of the effort in his face.

Pierre Joseph-Dubois screwed wide from six yards Theophanous’s cross on 49 minutes, before the game was held up for four minutes while Liam Harwood was stretchered off with a serious looking knee injury.

The difference in the two teams then became apparent as Bromley introduced two academy players and Tonbridge bought on their three recognised first team players.

The changes soon paid dividends for the home side as Koranteng hit the bar before they opened the scoring on 71 minutes when David Ijaha crashed home a header following a Bromley drew level four minutes later as Theophanous ran onto a through ball and, as Worgan advanced, the striker calmly slotted home his fifth goal since joining from Staines Town.

Tonbridge created a number of chances in the remainder of normal time, all to no avail as Bromley lost all their composure before they were reduced to 10-men on 90 minutes when newcomer Max Noble was dismissed for retaliation in an off-the-ball incident.

Bromley fell behind with almost the last kick of the first period of extra- time when Ijaha was allowed to run 40 yards before firing home with the aid of a wicked deflection. The tie was put beyond the visitors as substitutes Frannie Collin added a third goal on 109 minutes and Mark Lovell added two more goals in the 113th and 117th minutes to complete a miserable night for Bromley.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Bromley: Howard, Ming, Rhule, Taiwo, Orome, Harwood (Waldren 59), Joseph-Dubois (Turner 68), Jones, Theophanous, Daly (O’Connor 59) Noble. Subs not used: Buchanan, Finn. Att: 147.