Key Millwall trio remain on course for Ipswich return

Darius Henderson (above) is fit to face the Tractor Boys. PICTURE BY EDMUND BOYDEN.

Darius Henderson (above) is fit to face the Tractor Boys. PICTURE BY EDMUND BOYDEN.

First published in Sport News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , sports editor

MILLWALL are set for a triple boost ahead of this weekend’s trip to Ipswich with three key players all on course to make welcome returns.

Darius Henderson, James Henry and Liam Trotter have all been unavailable for the Lions recently through injury, although their absence hasn’t stopped the club extending their unbeaten run to 13 games.

Manager Kenny Jackett indicated after last Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Charlton the trio were expected back for the visit to Portman Road and the good news for Lions fans is that initial prediction looks likely to become true.

Jackett said: “They are on target to all be back for Saturday.

“It will depend on today and tomorrow’s training of course but I would say so far this week they have looked good and look set to be OK.

“It is a huge boost for us to have them back because it increases competition and our options within the squad.”

Ipswich recently appointed former Millwall manager Mick McCarthy to replace Paul Jewell and results have picked up since his arrival.

The transformation has seen the Tractor Boys collect 13 points from the last available 21, form which has lifted the Suffolk side five points clear of the relegation zone.

Jackett said: “Ipswich have had a good run and picked up some results lately with a new manager.

“The crowd and the place will be very positive, which will make it a tough game.

“I think looking through their squad they are a very competitive Championship side.

“For whatever reason before Mick came in results haven’t quite gone their way this year.

“On Saturday it will be a very positive place on the back of their 2-1 win last week at Bolton.”

Meanwhile, Jackett confirmed there have been no new developments on Millwall’s bid to make on-loan West Brom striker Chris Wood’s switch permanent in January when the transfer window reopens.

The boss added: “West Brom have their own protocol with the players they have looking at their forwards going into January.

“There has been dialogue at boardroom level but other than that there is nothing to report.”

The contents of this article must not be reproduced without the permission of News Shopper.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree