BROMLEY will host Kidderminster Harriers in the next stage of the FA Trophy after seeing off Boreham Wood in Monday night’s first round replay at a very wet Meadow Park.

The duo had drawn 1-1 at Hayes Lane on Saturday but Bromley put in a battling performance second time around to come through.

Like Saturday, it was Boreham Wood who enjoyed the better of the exchanges, particularly in the first half when they squandered a couple of easy chances.

But the visitors gradually came into the game and took the lead from the penalty spot just before half-time.

The early stages saw Marlon Patterson put keeper Joe Welch in trouble with a wayward back pass, but the custodian just cleared in the nick of time before Greg Morgan saw his snapshot well saved by Welch.

Boreham Wood continued to press with Graeme Montgomery shaving the bar and Patterson heading off the line from Charlie O’Loughlin following a Montgomery free-kick.

Bromley went close when Liam Harwood’s 30 yard cross-shot had home keeper James Russell back peddling and Danny Waldren’s overhead kick went wide before the Lillywhites opened the scoring on 40 minutes. Charlton loanee Joe Pigott was put through on goal and as he was about to shoot he was bundled over by Ben Nunn. Waldren stepped up to convert with a low shot to the keeper’s left.

Towards the end of the first half Morgan had a curling shot saved by Welch, while at the other end Pigott’s attempt went just wide of the post.

Morgan and Ben Jefford tested Welch before Boreham Wood were reduced to 10 men on 57 minutes when Inih Effiong was dismissed for a bad two-footed lunge on Waldren.

This seemed to inspire the home side, as they forced a number of corners, which at times saw Bromley ride their luck with. The visitors should have put the outcome beyond doubt when Elliott Buchanan set up captain Ali Fuseini for a shot which was blocked by Russell, only for Fuseini to follow up with another shot which was cleared off the line by Mario Noto.

Fuseini headed over the on-rushing keeper and then the bar 10 minutes later after his first effort had looped into the air off of Nunn following Sanchez Ming’s fine cross.

Bromley clinched a place in the next round with 12 minutes remaining as Patterson picked out substitute Michael Malcolm.

Malcolm played a delightful pass inside the full-back for Pigott to run onto, side step the keeper and stroke a shot home into an empty net.

O’Loughlin had a chance cleared off the line by Pierre Joseph-Dubois and Noto’s curling free-kick was tipped over by Welch late on, but Bromley held on for a deserved victory.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt

Bromley: Welch, Ming, Patterson, Fuseini, Swaibu, Harwood, Waldren, Buchanan (Malcolm 72), Joseph-Dubois, Pigott (Pacquette 81), Rhule (Finn 66), Subs not used: Sobers, Jones. Att: 188.