An operation on a seven-year-old boy at the centre of a legal dispute over cancer treatment went well, a High Court judge has been told
Neon Roberts underwent more surgery on a brain tumour on Wednesday - against his mother's wishes.
Sally Roberts wanted any operation on her son delayed until more doctors had been consulted about the need for further surgery.
But Mr Justice Bodey ruled earlier this week that further treatment should go ahead after a specialist said an operation needed to be carried out urgently.
Mr Justice Bodey, who heard evidence at a hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London, said the gains outweighed the risks.
He said the hospital where Neon underwent surgery should not be identified.
Ian Peddie QC, for Ms Roberts, told Mr Justice Bodey: "The mother has reported, is happily relieved to report, that the operation went well."
Ms Roberts, a New Zealander who lives in Brighton, East Sussex, does not want her seven-year-old son to have radiotherapy treatment following surgery.
She says she fears that radiotherapy will cause her son, Neon, long-term harm. But doctors say Neon might die within months without radiotherapy.
Mr Justice Bodey is due to hear more argument on the issue at the hearing in London.