A freezing fox cub was rescued by firefighters after falling into a drain.
The cub, named Dinah, was given oxygen by the fire and rescue crew after they were called to Horncastle Road by a member of the public.
The RSPCA also attended and helped to look after the cold and scared cub.
RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Abbie Fright said: "The fire crew was called by a member of the public who thought a puppy was stuck in the drain.
"When the crew arrived they quickly established that it was, in fact, a little fox cub who had fallen into the drain and couldn’t get out.
"Thankfully they managed to release the cub and I rushed to the scene to make sure she was okay."
Dinah was frozen with fear and was very cold so the crew gave her some oxygen and Abbie wrapped her in towels and blankets to warm her up.
Abbie added: "The poor little cub had gone into shock and was very cold, she could barely move her legs.
"I dried off her coat and wrapped her up in warm towels to bring her body temperature back up slowly.
"The fire and rescue service were wonderful and I’d like to say a big thank you to them for their help in rescuing this little cub.
"Had she have been in that drain for much longer I’m almost certain she wouldn’t have made it."
The little cub is now being cared for by volunteers at The Fox Project
Trevor Williams, from The Fox Project, said: "Dinah didn’t look good when she first came in, she was very cold and underweight. But she’s now doing okay.
"She’s regained a bit of energy and has begun to eat with some enthusiasm.
"Luckily, she doesn’t seem to have an underlying problems so our plan is to introduce her to a new ‘family’ group of cubs around a similar age over the coming days."