TWO “remorseless” gang members have been sentenced to life today for murdering an innocent Catford schoolboy by stabbing him 14 times in an unprovoked attack.

Kwame Ofosu-Asare, 17, was chased into a cul-de-sac in Brixton before being mercilessly knifed in a “poisonous and senseless” gang war when he was mistaken for a rival Gas gang member on March 2.

His teenage killers – members of the Trust No One gang - were out for revenge after one of their number was stabbed earlier that day and targeted the Forest Hill School pupil who was in ‘enemy’ territory by awful chance.

Nelson Idiabeta, aged 18, of no fixed address, was sentenced to a minimum of 19 years in prison and Nathaniel Okusanya, aged 19, of Vibart Gardens, Lambeth was jailed for a minimum of 20 years at the Old Bailey today.

Business studies student Kwame was walking through the Moorlands Estate with a friend after having spent an hour recording music in a studio when his murderers set on him, the court heard.

The promising footballer was chased and cornered – while his friend who knew the area managed to escape over a wall - where he cried “I am from Catford” to alert the gang he was not a rival, but to no avail.

The video above shows Kwame and his friend being chased into Adelaide Close by Okusanya and Idiabeta who are then seen fleeing the scene shortly afterwards.

Sentencing the pair today, Judge Richard Marks said: “Neither of you has shown one iota of remorse.

“As much as you have destroyed a young life and caused heartbreak to his family you have ruined your own lives and no doubt brought great pain to your families.”

He added that it would have been “abundantly evident” that Kwame was hurt but they thought only of themselves and left him.

Judge Marks also praised detectives in the case for their “outstanding” work tracking down those guilty.

A statement from the sixth form pupil’s father Dr Kwaku Ofosu-Asare said the murder was “horrific and heartbreaking” and the family – who were weeping after the sentencing - were struggling to come to terms with his death.

Kwame’s uncle Alexander Asare-Ansah thanked police, the Crown Prosecution Service and the public for their “solidarity” during the trial but believes the sentence should be longer.

Speaking about the sentencing, he said: “We are really really impressed but all that we are saying is life should be life, if not they will come out.

“These boys did not show a smerge [sic] of remorse for the crime they committed.

“They are hardened criminals with all their accessories and alibis yet they might come out and continue to commit more offences.”

CPS London deputy chief crown prosecutor Jenny Hopkins added: “Kwame Ofosu-Asare’s senseless murder was part of a poisonous feud between two gangs in south London in which he had no part.

“CPS London is committed to working with its partners in the fight against gang and knife crime and this conviction should be seen as a warning that these acts of violence which destroy young lives and families will be robustly prosecuted wherever we can.

“We hope that this conviction will bring some justice for Kwame’s family and our thoughts are with them at this time.”

The pair denied murder but were found guilty by an Old Bailey jury on December 17.