A DECISION on whether to fine a company for a power cut that plunged 94,000 homes into darkness has been delayed by two months.
Energy watchdog Ofgem had been originally due to make a decision in February on whether to fine EDF Energy £2m for last year’s cut which affected homes in Dartford, Bexley and Orpington for up to
But Ofgem has now said a final decision will not be made until mid October - 15 months after the original incident.
It originally announced it would punish the company in June and organised a consultation which ended on July 7.
EDF, which offered residents compensation of just £50, has claimed the cut was due to exceptional circumstances, after vandals got into its Dartford Creek site and caused a major fire to four
But Rosanna Currans, 63, who set up a petition to get increased compensation from the company after her home in Brent Way, Dartford, was left without power for 71 hours, has slammed the delay as
She said: “It’s really a disgrace that it has taken so long. I can’t understand why we can’t just have a yes or a no.
“If they’re waiting for me to give up I’m afraid they’ll be waiting until hell freezes over.”
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett said he was "extremely disappointed" by the delay.
He said: "I have continued to press them on behalf of my constituents who have suffered so badly because of this incident last summer.
"I will be writing to Ofgem again, and urge them to publish their findings soon."
In a statement on its website, the watchdog blamed “ongoing communications” with EDF, saying: “We are aware that customers are awaiting the outcome and we will make our decision as soon as