Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Name: Jenny Sutton
Candidate for: Tottenham
Tottenham resident Jenny Sutton, is standing as a candidate for the Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition.
Ms Sutton, one of only two female candidates, is a lecturer at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, where she was worked for 17 years.
As part of her campaign, the wants to raise awareness of the plight of Tottenham staff and students at the college following announcements of funding cuts, which she is currently opposing.
The socialist believes education is key to winning the fight against poverty, unemployment, demoralisation and ill health and that more investment needs to be channelled into colleges rather than "pulling up the drawbridge for young people”.
Your sayYour Shopper
Add your comment
Register for a FREE News Shopper account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
- Labour candidates get extra 13 days
- Call for changes after poll queues
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed