1:56pm Wednesday 2nd May 2012
By Alan Woods
A HOTEL in Dartford was evacuated last night (May 1) after a light-up sign caught fire.
Two fire engines were called to the Campanile Hotel, in the Crossways Business Park, at 8:55pm.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service say an electrical fault in a neon sign ignited the surrounding plastic and guttering.
Hotel manager Andy Bellamy says only one section of the hotel was evacuated and less than 20 people were inconvenienced.
He added: “It wasn’t very dramatic, it was an inconvenience really.
“There was no drama at all.”
Fire crews isolated the power supply to the sign and used a height vehicle to check the guttering for any further spread of fire.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group