UPDATE: Dartford shooting - two more arrested following death of Kevin McKinley

Kevin McKinley.

Kevin McKinley.

First published in Dartford & Swanley news
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

TWO more people were arrested yesterday following a fatal shooting in Dartford on Tuesday night (February 12).

Officers were called to Overy Street at around 8pm to a report of a man with a gunshot wound.

Kevin McKinley, 32, was taken to hospital but later died of his injuries.

Two adult males were held  in connection with the shooting.

One is still in police custody, held on suspicion of assisting an offender.

The other man, arrested on suspicion of an assault, was released without charge.

A 24-year-old woman and a  25-year-old man, both from Dartford, were  arrested the day of the shooting on suspicion of murder and remain in police custody.

 

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:00pm Thu 14 Feb 13

ked123 says...

May the W@@@@@ that did this to my baby brother rot in hell. Xxx R.I.P Kev love you forever and forever in our thoughts. ****
May the W@@@@@ that did this to my baby brother rot in hell. Xxx R.I.P Kev love you forever and forever in our thoughts. **** ked123
  • Score: 1

2:05pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Simon bald says...

Well said ked
Well said ked Simon bald
  • Score: 0

3:56pm Thu 14 Feb 13

chris8210 says...

http://www.newsshopp
er.co.uk/archive/200
1/09/20/Local+London
+Archive/6397246.Rob
bers_sent_down/”/
http://www.newsshopp er.co.uk/archive/200 1/09/20/Local+London +Archive/6397246.Rob bers_sent_down/”/ chris8210
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Thu 14 Feb 13

lord righteous says...

What goes around comes around.
Karma man.
What goes around comes around. Karma man. lord righteous
  • Score: 0

5:27pm Thu 14 Feb 13

cherithporter says...

Wherever you go now, you have to be vigilant. It seems nowhere is safe wherever you go.

My sympathy goes to the man's family.
Wherever you go now, you have to be vigilant. It seems nowhere is safe wherever you go. My sympathy goes to the man's family. cherithporter
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Thu 14 Feb 13

It's Me again ! says...

Seems this person lived by the sword and then died by the sword.
Very sad he had gone down the wrong road that obviously cost him his life.
Very sad for his family
Seems this person lived by the sword and then died by the sword. Very sad he had gone down the wrong road that obviously cost him his life. Very sad for his family It's Me again !
  • Score: 0

7:08pm Thu 14 Feb 13

cocknyboi says...

thats what happens when you run around
and act like a gangster! i knew this would happen to him 1 day it was just a matter of time!
thats what happens when you run around and act like a gangster! i knew this would happen to him 1 day it was just a matter of time! cocknyboi
  • Score: 0

7:11pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Melwilson123 says...

lord righteous wrote:
What goes around comes around.
Karma man.
Did u no him ??
[quote][p][bold]lord righteous[/bold] wrote: What goes around comes around. Karma man.[/p][/quote]Did u no him ?? Melwilson123
  • Score: 0

7:22pm Thu 14 Feb 13

junie says...

r.i.p kevin what ever you did you did not deserve to die..godbless your family
r.i.p kevin what ever you did you did not deserve to die..godbless your family junie
  • Score: 0

10:01pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Melwilson123 says...

Y cant u all go away who cares about my spelling my uncles dead just leave it out stop slaging him off
Y cant u all go away who cares about my spelling my uncles dead just leave it out stop slaging him off Melwilson123
  • Score: 0

10:17pm Thu 14 Feb 13

ked123 says...

Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked
Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked ked123
  • Score: 0

10:24pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Simon bald says...

Melwilson123 wrote:
Y cant u all go away who cares about my spelling my uncles dead just leave it out stop slaging him off
mel Wilson I love you
[quote][p][bold]Melwilson123[/bold] wrote: Y cant u all go away who cares about my spelling my uncles dead just leave it out stop slaging him off[/p][/quote]mel Wilson I love you Simon bald
  • Score: 0

10:30pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Marty1979 says...

ked123 wrote:
Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked
Perhaps someone could translate

What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school
[quote][p][bold]ked123[/bold] wrote: Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked[/p][/quote]Perhaps someone could translate What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school Marty1979
  • Score: 0

10:39pm Thu 14 Feb 13

cocknyboi says...

Marty1979 wrote:
ked123 wrote:
Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked
Perhaps someone could translate

What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school
never signed on and had friends lmao
everyone thought he was a pain in the arse always wanting something for nothing and would kick off if he didnt get it. truth hurts i know but thats the way he was
[quote][p][bold]Marty1979[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ked123[/bold] wrote: Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked[/p][/quote]Perhaps someone could translate What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school[/p][/quote]never signed on and had friends lmao everyone thought he was a pain in the arse always wanting something for nothing and would kick off if he didnt get it. truth hurts i know but thats the way he was cocknyboi
  • Score: 0

9:18am Fri 15 Feb 13

Melinda1981 says...

The only human beings I feel sorry for are his children! Still least they only get their hearts broken once,instead of a thousand times with him going in and out of prison.
I'm sick of reading "nice" comments about how innocent ect ect he was,innocent and nice people don't go around threatening people with meat cleaver's and knife's or sell drugs to children for his own ill gotten gains. One less scummer for dirtford to worry about!
The only human beings I feel sorry for are his children! Still least they only get their hearts broken once,instead of a thousand times with him going in and out of prison. I'm sick of reading "nice" comments about how innocent ect ect he was,innocent and nice people don't go around threatening people with meat cleaver's and knife's or sell drugs to children for his own ill gotten gains. One less scummer for dirtford to worry about! Melinda1981
  • Score: 0

9:58am Fri 15 Feb 13

reasonable75 says...

englishman333 wrote:
troll using multiple names arguing with himself!!! ROFL
Eh? Who?
[quote][p][bold]englishman333[/bold] wrote: troll using multiple names arguing with himself!!! ROFL[/p][/quote]Eh? Who? reasonable75
  • Score: 0

3:48pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Marty1979 says...

Melinda1981 wrote:
The only human beings I feel sorry for are his children! Still least they only get their hearts broken once,instead of a thousand times with him going in and out of prison. I'm sick of reading "nice" comments about how innocent ect ect he was,innocent and nice people don't go around threatening people with meat cleaver's and knife's or sell drugs to children for his own ill gotten gains. One less scummer for dirtford to worry about!
Wasn't just threatening - FACT he left a victim with a gash after attacking him with a meat cleaver

FACT he had a conviction for carrying a knife

Perhaps the family could explain why they are trying to defend him?
[quote][p][bold]Melinda1981[/bold] wrote: The only human beings I feel sorry for are his children! Still least they only get their hearts broken once,instead of a thousand times with him going in and out of prison. I'm sick of reading "nice" comments about how innocent ect ect he was,innocent and nice people don't go around threatening people with meat cleaver's and knife's or sell drugs to children for his own ill gotten gains. One less scummer for dirtford to worry about![/p][/quote]Wasn't just threatening - FACT he left a victim with a gash after attacking him with a meat cleaver FACT he had a conviction for carrying a knife Perhaps the family could explain why they are trying to defend him? Marty1979
  • Score: 0

3:43am Sat 16 Feb 13

lc2013 says...

I hope kevin is resting in peace he never deserved to be killed. How do you expect the family/ friends to grieve with pathetic people like you commenting and righting such rubbish, and if you didn't care for kevin/ or even like kevin why do you feel the need to keep looking on this article and commenting. He is not here to comment so if you have nothing nice to say why don't you just move your self on and stop putting your opinions where there not wanted.
I hope kevin is resting in peace he never deserved to be killed. How do you expect the family/ friends to grieve with pathetic people like you commenting and righting such rubbish, and if you didn't care for kevin/ or even like kevin why do you feel the need to keep looking on this article and commenting. He is not here to comment so if you have nothing nice to say why don't you just move your self on and stop putting your opinions where there not wanted. lc2013
  • Score: 0

9:09am Sat 16 Feb 13

ked123 says...

cocknyboi wrote:
Marty1979 wrote:
ked123 wrote:
Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked
Perhaps someone could translate

What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school
never signed on and had friends lmao
everyone thought he was a pain in the arse always wanting something for nothing and would kick off if he didnt get it. truth hurts i know but thats the way he was
Omg if u knew kev y didn't u say this to his face when he was younger he may have been a pain to some ,when he grew up which apparently you haven't he was calmer ,are you sure no one in your family has no ghosts in thier closet ,or that god forbid something tragic like a murder never happens to anyone you know ,your comments are hurtful and if you want the truth the officer in charge of the case has said you can contact him
[quote][p][bold]cocknyboi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Marty1979[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ked123[/bold] wrote: Please ignore all these comments kev was NOT a traveller and NEVER even signed on ,he may have been known to the police and may have some ppl out there that didn't rate him BUT HE ALSO HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS and FAMILY that care about him if u take notice of any comment remember they are all being made by children and the family can no longer see these as it is being blocked[/p][/quote]Perhaps someone could translate What constitutes "children" - those who have made comments are not attending infant school[/p][/quote]never signed on and had friends lmao everyone thought he was a pain in the arse always wanting something for nothing and would kick off if he didnt get it. truth hurts i know but thats the way he was[/p][/quote]Omg if u knew kev y didn't u say this to his face when he was younger he may have been a pain to some ,when he grew up which apparently you haven't he was calmer ,are you sure no one in your family has no ghosts in thier closet ,or that god forbid something tragic like a murder never happens to anyone you know ,your comments are hurtful and if you want the truth the officer in charge of the case has said you can contact him ked123
  • Score: 0

9:22am Sat 16 Feb 13

Marty1979 says...

So the police and court reports are wrong and he didn't get a sentence?

And perhaps someone could clarify if he had his child with him
So the police and court reports are wrong and he didn't get a sentence? And perhaps someone could clarify if he had his child with him Marty1979
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree