THE mother of a 13-year-old girl killed during a police chase says her life is “destroyed” and the “river of tears” will not stop flowing.

Wictoria Karolina Was was travelling with her family when a driver being pursued by cops through New Cross crashed into the back of their VW Polo on January 6 around 6.30pm.

The "beautiful" and "lovable" dancer was in the back of the car and tragically died from her injuries at the scene near a set of traffic lights - which were bent to 45 degrees - in Ilderton Road.

Devon Newell, aged 33, yesterday admitted causing death by dangerous driving and was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years imprisonment at Woolwich Crown Court.

Uninsured Newell, of no fixed abode, who was wanted by Sussex Police in relation to GBH on a woman, fled the scene after the crash but was caught by police shortly afterwards.

He also pleaded guilty to causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop for police, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, driving with no insurance and driving with no licence.

Schoolgirl Wictoria, who lived in Broxbourne, Enfield, was travelling with her mother Anna Uroda, her four-year-old brother and father who were all taken to hospital.

Following the sentencing, Ms Uroda gave an emotional outpouring of grief for her “beautiful little princess” and says the “unbearable pain” makes it difficult to forgive.

She said: “The river of tears has not stopped flowing since the 6th January when Wictoria was taken from us.

“Wictoria was so lovable, sensitive, trustworthy, happy, intelligent, hard working, a sensible young girl full of life, my beautiful little princess who I love beyond anything words can describe.

“Wictoria was at a junction of life, she was blossoming into a beautiful blue-eyed young lady spreading her wings and flourishing into someone so lovable and independent.

“I will no longer have this in my everyday life it breaks my heart.

“Wictoria would bring happiness not only into my life but into everyone who knew and met her, she was one of a kind described by many as a "flawless angel", she had many friends, a well loved girl who will be terribly missed by all who knew her.”

Ms Uroda says the death of the Year 9 pupil at Goffs School in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, has left an “emptiness” in the family with her son Max repeatedly asking where his beloved sister is.

She said: “My insides have been ripped out, the pain is unbearable, a fire burning internally 24 hours a day, all emotions and purpose of life have become a mystery.

“Tell me how I tell Max my young son that he will never see his loving sister again.

“The questions "Where is Wictoria?, I want Wictoria, I love Wictoria" it tears me apart every day.

“I feel such emptiness inside that I will carry for the rest of my life.

"Wictoria was the everlasting burning flame of my life; this flame was blown out in a moment, no flicker just taken from us so violently, how can I find it in my heart to forgive?”

She added: “The day Wictoria's heart stopped beating so did mine.

"I was happy and content, now I am destroyed and ruined beyond repair."

The fateful chase - from a marked police car with lights and siren on - was launched after the driver of a Peugeot 308 triggered a police system which targets uninsured drivers and other suspected criminals.

Newell was also sentenced to two years in prison for causing serious injury which will run concurrently and has been banned from driving for six years.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission are carrying out an independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the pursuit.