OOH la la! A Catford French restaurant could lose its licence over allegations of sex in the basement, fighting, drug use and people defecating outside.
Neighbours claim they have been getting an Eiffel of seedy goings-on at Le Bourgeois, situated beneath the Eros House block of flats on Brownhill Road.
Reports from the Met Police, calling for the licence to be revoked, are being considered at Catford town hall this week and detail a range of allegations.
They include complaints that customers have been romping in the basement, watching stripteases in the early hours and, during a summer pool party, having sex in the block‘s stairwell.
Police say they also found numerous business cards for a weekly late night adult party called Thick Lick, believed to be linked to the venue.
Advertised delights on offer included "male and female performers, exotic dancers, private rooms" and a "birthday special".
Neighbours have also reported a gun being fired, fighting by customers, cannabis smoking, gambling, pools of urine and used condoms strewn outside by boozing punters.
Lewisham East MP Heidi Alexander said she was first contacted about the problems nine months ago.
She said: "People talked about having to clean up faeces from outside the restaurant.
"They told me there are strippers inside and there are people having sex at the back of the restaurant."
Ms Alexander said: "Given the length of time that these problems have been going on, I do think some serious action needs to be taken."
The licence will be reviewed at a Lewisham Council licensing committee on Thursday (January 17).
"I have to leave my flat at weekends."
NEIGHBOURS claim the restaurant is driving them crazy and have revealed the problems in a series of anonymous statements to police:
- "It is having a detrimental effect to my physical and mental well being and has gotten to the stage where I have to leave my flat on weekends and look for where I can go to in order that I can have a peaceful weekend."
- "On several occasions I saw finger and hands prints places on the bonnet of my car in a compromising position."
- "There are lots of strange people wandering the building, usually very drunk, stinking of alcohol and or carrying bottles/cans of strong alcohol."
- "I have been informed by a co-resident that sex activities are going on in the basement… she found used condoms constantly in the basement after parties at Le Bourgeois."
- "The noise, fighting, gangs hanging around, drug dealing, shouting and screaming, all from this club, is getting to my wits end."