Alexandra Park, Penge: Beckenham pet owners attacked by pack of dogs

Alexandra Park, Penge: Beckenham pet owners attacked by pack of dogs

Tony Mozzocchi and Jill Waters were attacked when they tried to defend Missy

Tony Mozzocchi and Jill Waters had to go to the Beckenham Beacon for treatment after the attack

First published in Crime News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , Chief reporter

A PET has been left psychologically scarred and its owners injured after they were attacked by a pack of dogs in a Penge park.

Jill Waters and her partner Tony Mozzocchi were walking Missy, their four-year-old Jack Terrier cross, in Alexandra Park when a white mongrel ran up to them.

It was followed by four greyhounds, including two which were on leads, which began to attack their animal before they picked it up.

Mrs Walters, 73, and Mr Mozzocchi, 70, were then bitten themselves and they had to go to the Beckenham Beacon for treatment after the incident last Thursday (November 29).

"They acted as a pack and the owners could not get them off us.

"The owners could not control them and straight away I said that all the dogs should be on a lead.

"I dread to think what would happen if the dogs had knocked us to the ground and I dread to think what would have happened if I’d had my grandchild with me."

The resident of Clockhouse Road, Beckenham, added: "My son took Missy to the vet but the vet could not see any skin broken.

"But she will not move off the sofa and when she does move she is yelping and she is still in shock."

Anyone who has any information about the dogs or witnessed the attack which happened after 3pm on November 29 should call the Penge and Cator safer neighbourhood team on 020 8649 3541.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:49pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Chrisbitz says...

Irresponsible dog OWNERS again. How many toddlers have to be killed before something gets done about them?
Irresponsible dog OWNERS again. How many toddlers have to be killed before something gets done about them? Chrisbitz
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Chrisbitz says...

Irresponsible dog OWNERS again. How many toddlers have to be killed before something gets done about them?
Irresponsible dog OWNERS again. How many toddlers have to be killed before something gets done about them? Chrisbitz
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples.

Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky.

Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend.
I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples. Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky. Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Tue 4 Dec 12

the wall says...

Jack Terrier cross ? Does the report mean a Jack Russell terrier cross, but what's it cross with ?
Jack Terrier cross ? Does the report mean a Jack Russell terrier cross, but what's it cross with ? the wall
  • Score: 0

4:09pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

the wall wrote:
Jack Terrier cross ? Does the report mean a Jack Russell terrier cross, but what's it cross with ?
It's probably cross at losing the fight thus proving itself inadequate in defending its master against 'real' dogs.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Jack Terrier cross ? Does the report mean a Jack Russell terrier cross, but what's it cross with ?[/p][/quote]It's probably cross at losing the fight thus proving itself inadequate in defending its master against 'real' dogs. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

5:46pm Tue 4 Dec 12

mouthalmighty says...

Lord Erastus you are a cruel cruel man/woman. When people are working, they cannot look after a dog, so having a dog after retirement is perfect, unless of course they can't control them.
Lord Erastus you are a cruel cruel man/woman. When people are working, they cannot look after a dog, so having a dog after retirement is perfect, unless of course they can't control them. mouthalmighty
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

mouthalmighty wrote:
Lord Erastus you are a cruel cruel man/woman. When people are working, they cannot look after a dog, so having a dog after retirement is perfect, unless of course they can't control them.
I disagree. I am not cruel at all.

The people who are cruel are those selfish people who take on a puppy or young dog knowing that they might not be around long enough to give them a home and provide for them until it's time to dig a hole in the garden.

It's not fair on the dogs. Simple.
[quote][p][bold]mouthalmighty[/bold] wrote: Lord Erastus you are a cruel cruel man/woman. When people are working, they cannot look after a dog, so having a dog after retirement is perfect, unless of course they can't control them.[/p][/quote]I disagree. I am not cruel at all. The people who are cruel are those selfish people who take on a puppy or young dog knowing that they might not be around long enough to give them a home and provide for them until it's time to dig a hole in the garden. It's not fair on the dogs. Simple. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

The same goes for people in their 50s who decide to have a baby.

It's simply not fair on the baby.
The same goes for people in their 50s who decide to have a baby. It's simply not fair on the baby. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

6:12pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

I'm looking forward to seeing car stickers which say, 'A dog isn't just for old age, it's for life'.

Work it out.
I'm looking forward to seeing car stickers which say, 'A dog isn't just for old age, it's for life'. Work it out. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

6:13pm Tue 4 Dec 12

rojo174 says...

It's a dog for c sake
It's a dog for c sake rojo174
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

rojo174 wrote:
It's a dog for c sake
No, it isn't.

It's a dog/child substitute.
[quote][p][bold]rojo174[/bold] wrote: It's a dog for c sake[/p][/quote]No, it isn't. It's a dog/child substitute. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

I know what I'd have done in the same situation, so let me tell you what would have ensued:

1. White mongrel runs up to attack.

2. I give it a good, hard, swift kick up its soft underbelly and send it flying.

3. Greyhounds get the message and so do the owners.

4. All over.
I know what I'd have done in the same situation, so let me tell you what would have ensued: 1. White mongrel runs up to attack. 2. I give it a good, hard, swift kick up its soft underbelly and send it flying. 3. Greyhounds get the message and so do the owners. 4. All over. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

8:22pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Donna_T says...

Tony Mozzocchi was he in The Sopranos or the Godfather ?
Tony Mozzocchi was he in The Sopranos or the Godfather ? Donna_T
  • Score: 0

10:07pm Tue 4 Dec 12

buddy1 says...

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott wrote:
I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples.

Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky.

Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend.
Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...
3:03pm Tue 4 Dec 12
I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples.

Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky.

Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend.

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...
6:24pm Tue 4 Dec 12
I know what I'd have done in the same situation, so let me tell you what would have ensued:

1. White mongrel runs up to attack.

2. I give it a good, hard, swift kick up its soft underbelly and send it flying.

3. Greyhounds get the message and so do the owners.

4. All over.


Awww bless you Lord Erastus..I hope for your sake and the general public's sake that you get better very, very soon xx
[quote][p][bold]Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott[/bold] wrote: I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples. Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky. Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend.[/p][/quote]Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says... 3:03pm Tue 4 Dec 12 I really am at a loss as to understand why ANYBODY feels the need to own a dog in the first place. I can only assume that the pooches are child substitutes for lonely old couples. Why people who are near the end of their lives decide to take on puppies is another mystery to me. There should be a law against it because when the owners finally snuff it, the poor dogs have to be found homes elsewhere. There should be a strict age limit for prospective owners who are likely to die of old age before the dog heads for the great kennel in the sky. Missy isn't what I consider to be a real dog anyway. It's more like a fluffy stuffed toy than man's best friend. Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says... 6:24pm Tue 4 Dec 12 I know what I'd have done in the same situation, so let me tell you what would have ensued: 1. White mongrel runs up to attack. 2. I give it a good, hard, swift kick up its soft underbelly and send it flying. 3. Greyhounds get the message and so do the owners. 4. All over. Awww bless you Lord Erastus..I hope for your sake and the general public's sake that you get better very, very soon xx buddy1
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Wed 5 Dec 12

Mr_Fandango says...

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott i am very sure that something is not very right in your head!
Is it possible that you suffer from some kind of problem where you have to have your say on every single article thats on here and nine times out of ten its just a load of old dribble.
when ever anyone puts anything else diffrent to your oppinion and your opinion alone all you do is behave like a spoilt child and throw your toys out of the pram!!!
Maybe its time you decided to pay attention to people that actually enjoy this site and are fed up with listening to your absolute rubbish and try being a little less childish!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott i am very sure that something is not very right in your head! Is it possible that you suffer from some kind of problem where you have to have your say on every single article thats on here and nine times out of ten its just a load of old dribble. when ever anyone puts anything else diffrent to your oppinion and your opinion alone all you do is behave like a spoilt child and throw your toys out of the pram!!! Maybe its time you decided to pay attention to people that actually enjoy this site and are fed up with listening to your absolute rubbish and try being a little less childish!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Mr_Fandango
  • Score: 0

10:20am Thu 6 Dec 12

Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott says...

Mr_Fandango wrote:
Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott i am very sure that something is not very right in your head!
Is it possible that you suffer from some kind of problem where you have to have your say on every single article thats on here and nine times out of ten its just a load of old dribble.
when ever anyone puts anything else diffrent to your oppinion and your opinion alone all you do is behave like a spoilt child and throw your toys out of the pram!!!
Maybe its time you decided to pay attention to people that actually enjoy this site and are fed up with listening to your absolute rubbish and try being a little less childish!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
And your point is what?
[quote][p][bold]Mr_Fandango[/bold] wrote: Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott i am very sure that something is not very right in your head! Is it possible that you suffer from some kind of problem where you have to have your say on every single article thats on here and nine times out of ten its just a load of old dribble. when ever anyone puts anything else diffrent to your oppinion and your opinion alone all you do is behave like a spoilt child and throw your toys out of the pram!!! Maybe its time you decided to pay attention to people that actually enjoy this site and are fed up with listening to your absolute rubbish and try being a little less childish!!!!!!!!!!!! ![/p][/quote]And your point is what? Lord Erastus Theobald Piggott
  • Score: 0

11:17am Thu 6 Dec 12

rarecockneyguvnor says...

Lets put it this way Lord Piggott, I think you are off Mr Fandangos Christmas card list.

Such a shame too, tis the season after all Fandango.
Lets put it this way Lord Piggott, I think you are off Mr Fandangos Christmas card list. Such a shame too, tis the season after all Fandango. rarecockneyguvnor
  • Score: 0

10:19pm Thu 6 Dec 12

goodwork says...

These dogs attacked a dog, the owner only got bit because he got involved. A dog biting another dog does not in anyway mean that it will attack children. So less of the save the children rubbish...

Anyway I for one enjoyed lord erastus's comments. A little humour amongst this tripe is always welcome.
These dogs attacked a dog, the owner only got bit because he got involved. A dog biting another dog does not in anyway mean that it will attack children. So less of the save the children rubbish... Anyway I for one enjoyed lord erastus's comments. A little humour amongst this tripe is always welcome. goodwork
  • Score: 0

10:19pm Thu 6 Dec 12

goodwork says...

These dogs attacked a dog, the owner only got bit because he got involved. A dog biting another dog does not in anyway mean that it will attack children. So less of the save the children rubbish...

Anyway I for one enjoyed lord erastus's comments. A little humour amongst this tripe is always welcome.
These dogs attacked a dog, the owner only got bit because he got involved. A dog biting another dog does not in anyway mean that it will attack children. So less of the save the children rubbish... Anyway I for one enjoyed lord erastus's comments. A little humour amongst this tripe is always welcome. goodwork
  • Score: 0

11:01am Fri 7 Dec 12

Donna_T says...

I have always found Lord Piggott to be the perfect gentleman, he always takes his 'at orf before indulging.
I have always found Lord Piggott to be the perfect gentleman, he always takes his 'at orf before indulging. Donna_T
  • Score: 0

9:09am Sun 9 Dec 12

cm punk says...

Lord piggy is just an attention seeking whore of the lowest denomination,this is mainly due to the fact in the real outside world he is totally ignored and totally irrelevant
Lord piggy is just an attention seeking whore of the lowest denomination,this is mainly due to the fact in the real outside world he is totally ignored and totally irrelevant cm punk
  • Score: 0

10:31pm Sun 9 Dec 12

lollie,erith says...

lol i agree. there are always nasty comments by the same old. mr cameron take note, some of these people have too much time on their hands. what would they do all day if the comments section of NS was shut down.
lol i agree. there are always nasty comments by the same old. mr cameron take note, some of these people have too much time on their hands. what would they do all day if the comments section of NS was shut down. lollie,erith
  • Score: 0

11:41am Mon 10 Dec 12

Gypo.Joe says...

How dare you common filth, it's Lord Piggott to you. Don't let me have to tell you again. Lord Piggott is my BFF.

Lollie,erith, capital letters dear.
How dare you common filth, it's Lord Piggott to you. Don't let me have to tell you again. Lord Piggott is my BFF. Lollie,erith, capital letters dear. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 0

11:44pm Mon 10 Dec 12

lollie,erith says...

is it dear.
is it dear. lollie,erith
  • Score: 0

11:47pm Mon 10 Dec 12

lollie,erith says...

Pigg is your BFF (boring fat friend)
Pigg is your BFF (boring fat friend) lollie,erith
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree