The Albion Company are to take new play RED TAP/BLUE TIGER to the Edinburgh Fringe this summer in a co-production with Greenwich Theatre. The play is one of five shows being taken by Greenwich Theatre to the Edinburgh Fringe in August.

The Albion Company will perform Richard Vincent's award-winning Red Tap/Blue Tiger – a darkly comic play about fatherhood at Greenwich Theatre on Saturday, July 26 before transferring it to appear at this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

The play follows Norton, who on the day of his 21st birthday finds out the abusive father he's lived with all of his life is not his biological father. It is a black comedy about fatherhood, growing up and Smoky Bacon crisps.

James Haddrell, artistic and executive director at Greenwich Theatre, said: "This year we're supporting five shows at the Edinburgh Fringe, including one that we've produced ourselves called Keeping Up With the Joans, a new play by an award-winning writer called Philip Meeks and starring Susan Penhaligon (Bouquet of Barbed Wire) and Katy Manning (Dr Who)."

The third show people can also see at Greenwich Theatre is called Broke by a company called The Paper Birds, who created it through verbatim interviews with people about their experience with money, including different kinds of debt. "The company previously presented Thirsty about young people's relationship with alcohol," said James. "It's very clever and they're an incredibly talented company.

"This will be the fourth year I've been to Edinburgh. The first year we worked on one show, then five and last year we worked on nine, winning an award and getting some great national reviews.

"I'll be seeing four or five shows a day in Edinburgh, it's a lot of work but I absolutely love it."

The five shows going to Edinburgh are Keeping Up With The Jones, Hot Cat, Broke, Red Tap/Blue Tiger and Thrill Me: The Leopold and Loeb Story.

Three will also play at Greenwich Theatre: Broke, Friday, July 25, 8pm, tickets £8.50 (Conc £6); Red Tap/Blue Tiger, Saturday, July 26, 8pm, tickets £8.50 (Conc £6); Keeping Up With The Joans, Tuesday, August 26, to Saturday, August 30, tickets £18.50/£16 (Conc £16/£13.50).