Three Hospice staff will push themselves to the limit by taking part in a team triathlon event to raise money for Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice.

They will be taking part in the world’s biggest and most iconic triathlon to swim, bike and run around the spectacular London route over the weekend 2nd – 3rd August.

Each team member will take on one of the three disciplines in the Sprint distance (750m swim, 20k Bike ride, 5k run), with each team entry counting as one place.

Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice’s Lead for Outreach services, Carla Rattigan, will be leading the Hospice team. She says: “I never thought I would be able to take part in an event like the triathlon but with the team event I only have to focus on one discipline, it’s an amazing opportunity for each of us. I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Carla will be joined by Estates Manager Michael Power and Admin assistant, Karen McNamara.

Fundraising Coordinator Jane Borrett, said: “Group triathlon places are ideal for friends or colleagues who want to share the experience of taking part in a team triathlon situation and raise funds for their favourite local cause at the same time. And it’s not just for the super fit!”

General entries for the London Triathlon have sold out but Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice has a few team and individual places available.

Call 020 8319 9230, email info@gbch.org.uk or visit www.communityhospice.org.uk.