A 38-YEAR-OLD man who was left a prisoner in his own body is hoping new technology will improve his quality of life.

Frank Bradley, of Long Lane, Bexleyheath, was left paralysed and only able to move his eyes and slight movements of his head after suffering a stroke 15 years ago.

The condition, known as Locked-in-Syndrome, means he cannot move or speak but can hear, see and think the same way as before.

His daughter Joanne said: "We communicate by lip reading him and he makes some noise which we understand.

"If we don't get that we do a blinking system where we go through the alphabet."

Miss Bradley hopes to raise money for a device called Head Mouse Technology, which allows complete control of a computer by naturally moving the head.

The 26-year-old is taking part in a sponsored 280 mile cycle from London to Paris from June 2 to June 4 and will tackle a 445 mile cycle challenge in Nepal over 15 days in October.

Miss Bradley, who works for environmental charity Thames21, said: "This method of computer access will be far more efficient and much less frustrating for my dad, allowing him to communicate by text and email far more easily than he is currently able to."

She added: "Despite all the challenges and frustrations that my dad faces every minute of every day, I have never heard him complain about his condition and that is why he is my hero.

"He has shown such inner strength, amazing humour, and courage and I am so proud of the way he faces his challenges every day."

The Head Mouse device costs around £500 and any extra money raised will be donated to Fighting Strokes, which supports people living with Locked-in-Syndrome.

To donate to Miss Bradley, visit gofundme.com/help-my-hero