Orpington Sainsbury’s Colleague Mark Else ran the Petts Wood 10K run for his stores local charity partner MindCare Dementia Support.

On Sunday 12th October local hero Mark Else, a colleague that works within the bakery department, ran the Petts Wood 10k run for MindCare Dementia Support & Second Chance Animal Rescue.

Proud Father Mark brought along his younger son Reece who also ran in the race, helping raise about £600 for both of the charities.

The money from the race will go towards regular petrol for Mind Care’s clients to and from the care centre and towards other necessities for the centre.

Mark had this to say ‘The race was tough but knowing that I was running for 2 great causes (Bromley Mind & Second Chance Animal Rescue) drove me on. The support from friends, family and colleagues has been amazing and has made me realise that anything is possible and knowing that Reece also wanted to help not only made me proud but made want to return and do it all over again.’ Based on information supplied by Jacques Chinnery.