For years and years I have been trying to lose weight and keep it off. It is the most challenging thing I have tried to accomplish in my time. But I have now found with the right support and right motivation around you - you can achieve anything!

My name is Katie Glendenning and this year I have been accepted to run the London Marathon for Whizz-Kidz in 2015 with my boyfriend Paul Thornton.

It all began when I first met Paul in May 2013 to which as 90% of people can relate to when they get into a relationship, put all the weight I had lost back on. But once he realised how much it got me down, he went out of his way to support me and get me on the right track. He signed up to my gym as well as his own gym, got me involved in classes such as boxercise and even done a skydive with me! All these little things and having someone keep pushing you is what truly keeps you on the path to weight loss. No fad diets - just pure motivation, support and realisation that it is a road with many bumps but the patience is needed. We can all get there!

He then suggested we run the London Marathon together next year - which I thought was a joke as I can't run more than 10 minutes. But now I have signed up and started training I cannot wait to achieve something so fantastic and raise money and awareness for such a great cause. But most of all I want to show people that if you want something bad enough, you can achieve anything. There will always be negative comments out there - but use them as motivation to show them all they were wrong!

I have lost a stone and half so far with a way to go yet, but it will be worth it!

I was a very negative believer of any of this but once you see those results and realise being with someone or having positive people in your life, how far you can go.

If I can do it....anyone can!

Whizz-Kidz is a fantastic charity that helps provides disabled children with the essential wheelchairs and other mobility equipment they need to lead fun and active childhoods.

"at Whizz-Kidz, the wheelchair is just the start - we also run youth groups, wheelchair skills training, work experience placements and residential camps."

Every little bit of support and donations we get, is an extra little bit towards helping us to our goal.

So please donate through www.justgiving.com/Katie-Paul-Marathon2015 If you would like to keep up to date with my training towards the marathon then please follow me on twitter @KateGlendenning Remember - anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Based on information supplied by Katie Glendenning.