Ellie's Friends, a charity that provides free and discounted products and services to UK adults living with cancer, is delighted to announce its partnership with Breeze Yoga in Beckenham.

Breeze is offering free yoga sessions to Ellie’s Friends users. The first class is free and all subsequent classes will be at a 50% discount. Breeze is also offering a new mindfulness meditation class for cancer patients, survivors and carers.

Alexis Bleasdale, who works for Ellie’s Friends and lives in Beckenham, explains a bit more about the initiative: “Unlike other cancer charities, Ellie's Friends is not seeking financial support, but is asking local business and individuals to pledge free or discounted products or services, to help offset some of the psychological and financial impact of a cancer diagnosis.”

Here’s what Bromley resident Anouska Bush has to say about the charity: “I have metastatic breast cancer (breast cancer that has spread to other parts of my body) but thanks to the generosity of supporters of Ellie's Friends I've had a teeth whitening kit, a fun night out watching Russell Brand (and got to meet him after the show!) I recently went to see Celebrity Juice being filmed and had a trip to the theatre to see Wicked. All fantastic escapes from the seriousness of cancer, its treatment and side effects. Treats and nights out are the first things that are sacrificed when cancer strikes. Full time work becomes impossible so finances are hit and cut-backs are made. Ellie's Friends offer a little piece of sunshine in, what can be, a very dark time.”

Based on information supplied by Alexis Bleasdale.