Two women from the Bromley borough are through to the semi-finals of the Miss London City beauty contest.

Beauty queen hopefuls from across London have been competing in this year’s competition.

Roxie Edmunds, 20, from Mottingham. and Amy Carlin, 23, from Bromley, have been put through to the penultimate round and will now both face a bootcamp stage on April 3 to be held in The Kensington Club.

The day will include full pageant training for the 26 semi-finalists, featuring catwalk and choreography, hair and make-up tuition, interviewing skills and breast cancer charity awareness.

Roxie said: “I can’t believe I’m through to the next round, this is a dream come true.”

News Shopper: Miss London City hopeful Roxie Edmunds

Ten lucky ladies will be selected for the finale of the competition and judged by an expert panel.

Charity funds are generated through winners organising fashion shows, family events such as school fetes and club nights.

The aim is to use the Miss London City status to create awareness for charitable causes.

Fay Hill, from Greenhithe, director of Miss London City, said: “I am so proud to say in the past two years of my running this competition, Miss London winners have been published in major editorials such as Vogue and newspapers including The Daily Mail, plus won prizes that have included a trip to Thailand.”

Find out more about the competition on Facebook, Twitter or blog.