Debbie Sevant has been appointed Director of Care Services at Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice in Abbey Wood, South East London.

Debbie brings with her 30 years’ experience working in a range of Nursing roles in Hospice care and the NHS, most recently as Head of Community Services at Havens Hospices in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex.

Speaking about her appointment, Debbie said: “I am delighted to have been appointed Director of Care Services at Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice.

“My new role at the Hospice will enable me to support staff who are already providing high quality care to the local community, and to ensure that the high standards of care, support, innovation and communication continue to be met.

“I am looking forward to providing the Hospice with additional expertise, strategic vision and leadership to overcome the challenges it faces as the environment of care continues to change.”

Debbie’s appointment comes at a time when Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice is providing more care to more patients than ever before. The Hospice has expanded its services over recent years, and cares for around 2,500 people with life-limiting illness each year, as well as their families and friends.

Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice is a registered charity that also provides education and training to health and social care professionals locally, aiming to improve the quality of life and the services provided to people who are dying in the London Boroughs of Greenwich and Bexley.

Debbie takes over from Penny Jones who moved to St Catherine’s Hospice, Crawley last year.