Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Video: Sydenham house fire in Tredown Road
A WOMAN is having to spend the night with friends after a fire destroyed the top floor of her house in Sydenham.
The blaze, which is believed to have started in a bedroom, spread throughout much of the upstairs of the home in Tredown Road with about three quarters of the top floor alight at the height of the fire.
Firefighters managed to stop it spreading to the downstairs of the house and to neighbouring properties after arriving at the scene at about 9.15pm yesterday (September 15).
But they could not stop the flames spreading to the roof, and this was also badly damaged in the fire.
One man was taken to hospital suffering from burns to his feet and smoke inhalation. It is not yet known how the fire started.
Above video and picture by Martin Mayos.