Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Cigarette causes St Mary Cray flat fire
A CIGARETTE which was left on a sofa caused a fire in a St Mary Cray flat this morning (September 5).
Firefighters were called to the home in Rookery Gardens at around 3am and found the furniture had caught alight due to the cigarette.
The fire damaged the sofa as well as causing smoke and heat damage to the ground floor property.
No-one was in the flat at the time of the incident.
The crews from Orpington and Sidcup fire stations were at the scene for around an hour.
Comments are closed on this article.