Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Woman taken to hospital after bedroom fire at Felmingham Road, Anerley
A WOMAN was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation last night (June 19) after her bedroom caught fire while she slept.
The 60-year-old woke up because of the smell of smoke and got herself out of the room in the two storey house in Felmingham Road, Anerley.
Firefighters were called to the home at about 11.20pm and put out the fire which was caused by papers being left too close to a light.
They then put up a smoke alarm in the property.
The crews from Beckenham and Woodside fire stations were there for about 30 minutes.
Comments are closed on this article.