Olympic gold medalist Jason Gardener MBE has presented a prestigious sports award to a Bromley school.
St Mark’s Church of England Primary School in Aylesbury Road became the first primary school in the borough to receive the afPE Quality Mark award, on September 16.
The prize recognises strong, quality sports education within schools.
After the presentation, the children heard the retired sprinter talk about winning his gold medal in the 2004 Athens Olympic Games.
“The children were so engaging, energetic and inspired. I truly do believe sport can change lives,” he said.
Headteacher Jennifer Richards said: “We value and support children’s sporting development and well-being and we were honoured to be the first primary school in Bromley to receive this award.”
- 12-year-old girl sexually assaulted at swimming pool in Woolwich and police want to speak to this man
- Approval given for major Bluewater expansion
- Woman in her 20s raped near Shortlands station
- A £10k reward is being put up to catch the Croydon Cat Killer
- CCTV released after elderly woman's purse stolen in Dartford Iceland