Two crashes within minutes of each other in Sevenoaks Way, Orpington

Two crashes within minutes of each other in Sevenoaks Way, Orpington

The blue Ford Fiesta was badly damaged in the first crash

The delivery van hit the bus stop after the collision with the Golf and Fiesta.

The bus stop was badly damaged.

The second collision was near Topps Tiles

First published in Bromley
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , Chief reporter

THESE pictures show the devastation yesterday after two crashes on the same road in Orpington within minutes of each other.

Three people had to be treated by London Ambulance Service staff when a blue Ford Fiesta, a silver VW Golf and a delivery van collided in Sevenoaks Way at around 4.13pm yesterday afternoon (February 14).

News Shopper: The delivery van hit the bus stop after the collision with the Golf and Fiesta.

The delivery van then hit a bus stop near the junction of Meadow View.

All of the patients were said to just have minor injuries and only one of them was taken to the Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough, for further treatment.

Two minutes after the first crash police were called to a crash nearby between a Renault Clio and a motorbike.

News Shopper: The second collision was near Topps Tiles

Both people sustained minor neck injuries in the collision and were believed to be taken to the PRUH by ambulance.

There was severe congestion in the area for around three hours.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:51am Sat 16 Feb 13

Chrisbitz says...

lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays.

Kerching!!!
lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays. Kerching!!! Chrisbitz
  • Score: 0

11:27am Sat 16 Feb 13

emzb21 says...

whiplash = cash pay out lol
whiplash = cash pay out lol emzb21
  • Score: 0

7:39pm Sat 16 Feb 13

madras says...

Chrisbitz wrote:
lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays.

Kerching!!!
one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'!
[quote][p][bold]Chrisbitz[/bold] wrote: lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays. Kerching!!![/p][/quote]one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'! madras
  • Score: 0

10:40pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Chrisbitz says...

madras wrote:
Chrisbitz wrote:
lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays.

Kerching!!!
one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'!
Ummm, not according to the report or the pictures? Maybe you're talking about accidents in general or something?
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrisbitz[/bold] wrote: lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays. Kerching!!![/p][/quote]one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'![/p][/quote]Ummm, not according to the report or the pictures? Maybe you're talking about accidents in general or something? Chrisbitz
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Smanf! says...

Can you not read?

"Two minutes after the first crash police were called to a crash nearby between a Renault Clio and a motorbike."

Sucha troll.
Can you not read? "Two minutes after the first crash police were called to a crash nearby between a Renault Clio and a motorbike." Sucha troll. Smanf!
  • Score: 0

1:21pm Mon 18 Feb 13

madras says...

Chrisbitz wrote:
madras wrote:
Chrisbitz wrote:
lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays.

Kerching!!!
one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'!
Ummm, not according to the report or the pictures? Maybe you're talking about accidents in general or something?
If you re-read the report, immediately prior to the reference to neck injuries it states 'Two minutes after the first crash police were called to a crash nearby between a Renault Clio and a motorbike.'
[quote][p][bold]Chrisbitz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrisbitz[/bold] wrote: lol! Everyone suffers "minor neck injuries" despite headrests making whiplash almost impossible nowadays. Kerching!!![/p][/quote]one was on a motorbike so no headrest, and sorry, but not 'LOL'![/p][/quote]Ummm, not according to the report or the pictures? Maybe you're talking about accidents in general or something?[/p][/quote]If you re-read the report, immediately prior to the reference to neck injuries it states 'Two minutes after the first crash police were called to a crash nearby between a Renault Clio and a motorbike.' madras
  • Score: 0

1:28pm Mon 18 Feb 13

GeraldineA says...

Chrisbitz, first of all, what's it got to do with you? Not everyone is a habitual compensation seeker you know. The poor guy involved in the motocycle accident will no doubt be feeling quite sore at this present moment in time. Do you begrudge him compensation for his suffering? As for the passengers in the Fiesta, what makes you so sure that personal injury claims will follow? Do you have a crystal ball? If so, maybe you should concentrate more on more productive things in life than unhelpful comments regards an innocent persons character! Not everyone is driven by money.
Chrisbitz, first of all, what's it got to do with you? Not everyone is a habitual compensation seeker you know. The poor guy involved in the motocycle accident will no doubt be feeling quite sore at this present moment in time. Do you begrudge him compensation for his suffering? As for the passengers in the Fiesta, what makes you so sure that personal injury claims will follow? Do you have a crystal ball? If so, maybe you should concentrate more on more productive things in life than unhelpful comments regards an innocent persons character! Not everyone is driven by money. GeraldineA
  • Score: 0

1:33pm Mon 18 Feb 13

GeraldineA says...

Thanks Madras for your comments. Spot on, it wasn't LOL as Chrisbitzs seems to think.
Thanks Madras for your comments. Spot on, it wasn't LOL as Chrisbitzs seems to think. GeraldineA
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree