Southeastern train delays cause more travel chaos for customers

First published in Bromley News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

COMMUTERS are facing another morning of travel misery this morning with long train delays.

Southeastern, which runs services in London, Kent and East Sussex, has been inundated with comments sent to its Twitter feed @Se_Railway from disgruntled customers. The company has received almost 300 tweets in one hour alone.

Stu Hirst tweeted: “We've now been stuck on the 07:35 Mottingham to Cannon St for 35 mins and it hasn't moved. Another amazing morning courtesy of @Se_Railway”.

Fellow commuter Annike has had a similar experience and posted a message which said the trains from Sidcup were “diabolical” and the train was going in the opposite  direction to get to London Bridge while Neil Davies tweeted: “How can you say services are returning to normal? Stuck at Lewisham, no info, no trains, inaudible announcements.”

A spokesperson for Southeastern said: "We’re sorry that passengers were delayed on their journey into London this morning.

"This was caused by a broken down train between Lee and Hither Green at around 8am which affected all London-bound trains.

"We worked as quickly as possible to clear the faulty train and recover the service.  The lines were cleared and services resumed running 40 minutes later.

"We encourage any passengers who were delayed by more than 30 minutes to claim for compensation by contacting our Customer Services or pick up a form from any manned station."

An alert on the company’s website this morning simply said: “Icy conditions this morning in some parts of Kent. Check your service on National Rail before you set off.”

The company has also replied individually to many tweets and signposted people to the online compensation procedure.

To apply for a refund for any trains which have been delayed for more than 30 minutes, visit southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/delay-repay

 

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:25pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Seademon says...

Glad I bought a scooter in November.
Glad I bought a scooter in November. Seademon
  • Score: 0

12:41pm Tue 11 Dec 12

SidcupResident says...

Like I said before, if you can do it, bus and tube it into work. Most people in Bexley, Lewishham and Greenwich should be able to get to Lewisham DLR, Greenwich/Cutty Sark DLR, North Greenwich and New Cross/ New Cross Gate underground stations in one bus journey.

It will save you money on your travel, and actually get you to work unlike the Southeastern services....

Vote with your feet, and Southeastern might start listening.
Like I said before, if you can do it, bus and tube it into work. Most people in Bexley, Lewishham and Greenwich should be able to get to Lewisham DLR, Greenwich/Cutty Sark DLR, North Greenwich and New Cross/ New Cross Gate underground stations in one bus journey. It will save you money on your travel, and actually get you to work unlike the Southeastern services.... Vote with your feet, and Southeastern might start listening. SidcupResident
  • Score: 0

1:08pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Len Kivingstone says...

SidcupResident is absolutely correct, I gave up on South Eastern Trains many years ago and travelled every day by bus to Lewisham and DLR / Tube. If you are prepared to allow yourself a bit extra time, you can save on the hassel and extortionate fares. If more people took definite action such as this instead of moaning and bleating every time something goes wrong on the trains, or every time the fares increase, then the train companies would have to listen
SidcupResident is absolutely correct, I gave up on South Eastern Trains many years ago and travelled every day by bus to Lewisham and DLR / Tube. If you are prepared to allow yourself a bit extra time, you can save on the hassel and extortionate fares. If more people took definite action such as this instead of moaning and bleating every time something goes wrong on the trains, or every time the fares increase, then the train companies would have to listen Len Kivingstone
  • Score: 0

1:30pm Tue 11 Dec 12

SidcupResident says...

Len Kivingstone wrote:
SidcupResident is absolutely correct, I gave up on South Eastern Trains many years ago and travelled every day by bus to Lewisham and DLR / Tube. If you are prepared to allow yourself a bit extra time, you can save on the hassel and extortionate fares. If more people took definite action such as this instead of moaning and bleating every time something goes wrong on the trains, or every time the fares increase, then the train companies would have to listen
Thanks Len!

Plus although the journey may take a bit longer, instead of waiting for ages in the freezing cold for a delayed train that may never come, the tube and DLR trains come every 2-3 minutes.

So your waiting times will be reduced significantly as well.
[quote][p][bold]Len Kivingstone[/bold] wrote: SidcupResident is absolutely correct, I gave up on South Eastern Trains many years ago and travelled every day by bus to Lewisham and DLR / Tube. If you are prepared to allow yourself a bit extra time, you can save on the hassel and extortionate fares. If more people took definite action such as this instead of moaning and bleating every time something goes wrong on the trains, or every time the fares increase, then the train companies would have to listen[/p][/quote]Thanks Len! Plus although the journey may take a bit longer, instead of waiting for ages in the freezing cold for a delayed train that may never come, the tube and DLR trains come every 2-3 minutes. So your waiting times will be reduced significantly as well. SidcupResident
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Tue 11 Dec 12

justjackuk says...

2k a year to get a **** service!! .. taking us for mugs!
2k a year to get a **** service!! .. taking us for mugs! justjackuk
  • Score: 0

3:04pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Heard It All Before says...

I was on the train immediately behind the broken-down train. We had to tow the defective train back to Lee, where we were all told to get off. Then we waited another twenty minutes for a train to London. I was an hour and a half late for work. The driver of the first train kept us informed as to what was going on, but station staff weren't as aware.
Problem is - there isn't a viable alternative to Southeastern for us commuters. If there were - we would take it!
I was on the train immediately behind the broken-down train. We had to tow the defective train back to Lee, where we were all told to get off. Then we waited another twenty minutes for a train to London. I was an hour and a half late for work. The driver of the first train kept us informed as to what was going on, but station staff weren't as aware. Problem is - there isn't a viable alternative to Southeastern for us commuters. If there were - we would take it! Heard It All Before
  • Score: 0

3:31pm Tue 11 Dec 12

the wall says...

A spokesperson for Southeastern said: "We’re sorry that passengers were delayed on their journey into London this morning.

What about all the other mornings over the last 4 weeks?
A spokesperson for Southeastern said: "We’re sorry that passengers were delayed on their journey into London this morning. What about all the other mornings over the last 4 weeks? the wall
  • Score: 0

9:07pm Tue 11 Dec 12

KT12345 says...

I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke! KT12345
  • Score: 0

9:26pm Tue 11 Dec 12

SidcupResident says...

KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
[quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.! SidcupResident
  • Score: 0

9:27am Wed 12 Dec 12

Heard It All Before says...

"We encourage any passengers who were delayed by more than 30 minutes to claim for compensation by contacting our Customer Services or pick up a form from any manned station."

It's interesting to note that compensation will be paid in National Rail Vouchers (as stated on the claim form).
"We encourage any passengers who were delayed by more than 30 minutes to claim for compensation by contacting our Customer Services or pick up a form from any manned station." It's interesting to note that compensation will be paid in National Rail Vouchers (as stated on the claim form). Heard It All Before
  • Score: 0

10:14am Wed 12 Dec 12

the wall says...

SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
[quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements. the wall
  • Score: 0

11:50am Wed 12 Dec 12

Dartbored says...

And so the pain continues.....half an hour late into Waterloo East this morning (Wednesday)

As I'm the only one in my office that uses Southeastern, I dont think anyone quite believes me.

"But how can they be late everyday? Surely someone has to do something about it?" I was asked this morning.

Summed it up pretty well, I thought.
And so the pain continues.....half an hour late into Waterloo East this morning (Wednesday) As I'm the only one in my office that uses Southeastern, I dont think anyone quite believes me. "But how can they be late everyday? Surely someone has to do something about it?" I was asked this morning. Summed it up pretty well, I thought. Dartbored
  • Score: 0

12:02pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Hk says...

Doesnt matter how much people suggest taking different routes to work rather than using South Eastern, the answer would in the end just be for South Eastern to provide an acceptable service at an acceptable cost.

We get ripped off and we get bombarded with the same excuses time after time. If they are having these problems on a regular basis - do something about it.

Congestion outside London Bridge - do something to avoid there being too many trains trying to get on to a platform - its not rocket science!

At the end of the day they blatantly dont really give a toss about their customers because they know the majority of people will still have to use the service no matter what!
Doesnt matter how much people suggest taking different routes to work rather than using South Eastern, the answer would in the end just be for South Eastern to provide an acceptable service at an acceptable cost. We get ripped off and we get bombarded with the same excuses time after time. If they are having these problems on a regular basis - do something about it. Congestion outside London Bridge - do something to avoid there being too many trains trying to get on to a platform - its not rocket science! At the end of the day they blatantly dont really give a toss about their customers because they know the majority of people will still have to use the service no matter what! Hk
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Wed 12 Dec 12

PaulErith says...

Dartbored wrote:
And so the pain continues.....half an hour late into Waterloo East this morning (Wednesday) As I'm the only one in my office that uses Southeastern, I dont think anyone quite believes me. "But how can they be late everyday? Surely someone has to do something about it?" I was asked this morning. Summed it up pretty well, I thought.
Luckily I have quite a few colleagues who come in from Kent, so this morning we were all late in. Just over two hours today from Bexleyheath to get in the office in the City!
[quote][p][bold]Dartbored[/bold] wrote: And so the pain continues.....half an hour late into Waterloo East this morning (Wednesday) As I'm the only one in my office that uses Southeastern, I dont think anyone quite believes me. "But how can they be late everyday? Surely someone has to do something about it?" I was asked this morning. Summed it up pretty well, I thought.[/p][/quote]Luckily I have quite a few colleagues who come in from Kent, so this morning we were all late in. Just over two hours today from Bexleyheath to get in the office in the City! PaulErith
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Dartbored says...

Be grateful for small mercies Paul - people in my office think I just like having a lay in!
Be grateful for small mercies Paul - people in my office think I just like having a lay in! Dartbored
  • Score: 0

12:35pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Tip-Top says...

I pogo stick it from Welling…the Shooters Hill climb takes some stamina, but going down the other side is a magical feeling!
I pogo stick it from Welling…the Shooters Hill climb takes some stamina, but going down the other side is a magical feeling! Tip-Top
  • Score: 0

12:44pm Wed 12 Dec 12

PaulErith says...

Dartbored wrote:
Be grateful for small mercies Paul - people in my office think I just like having a lay in!
The thing is, sometimes I think I'd be better just to have a lay in, and then get the train after the main rush hour. Probably still get in about the same time.
[quote][p][bold]Dartbored[/bold] wrote: Be grateful for small mercies Paul - people in my office think I just like having a lay in![/p][/quote]The thing is, sometimes I think I'd be better just to have a lay in, and then get the train after the main rush hour. Probably still get in about the same time. PaulErith
  • Score: 0

2:02pm Wed 12 Dec 12

SidcupResident says...

the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus
routes.net/times/132
.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you. SidcupResident
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Wed 12 Dec 12

the wall says...

SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus

routes.net/times/132

.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly?

May I suggest:
A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in.

B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding.

C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris?

So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts!
[quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly? May I suggest: A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in. B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding. C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris? So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts! the wall
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Wed 12 Dec 12

SidcupResident says...

the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus


routes.net/times/132


.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly?

May I suggest:
A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in.

B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding.

C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris?

So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts!
Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them.

Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change.

So you're left with several options;

*remain the grumpy southeastern commuter.

*Drive or,

*Just don't work in London.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly? May I suggest: A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in. B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding. C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris? So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts![/p][/quote]Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them. Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change. So you're left with several options; *remain the grumpy southeastern commuter. *Drive or, *Just don't work in London. SidcupResident
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Gypo.Joe says...

SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus



routes.net/times/132



.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly?

May I suggest:
A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in.

B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding.

C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris?

So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts!
Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them.

Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change.

So you're left with several options;

*remain the grumpy southeastern commuter.

*Drive or,

*Just don't work in London.
Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot "
[quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly? May I suggest: A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in. B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding. C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris? So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts![/p][/quote]Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them. Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change. So you're left with several options; *remain the grumpy southeastern commuter. *Drive or, *Just don't work in London.[/p][/quote]Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot " Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 0

5:08pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Dartbored says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus




routes.net/times/132




.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly?

May I suggest:
A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in.

B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding.

C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris?

So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts!
Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them.

Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change.

So you're left with several options;

*remain the grumpy southeastern commuter.

*Drive or,

*Just don't work in London.
Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot "
As Southeastern have removed the toilets from some of their newish trains, even that isn't an option ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly? May I suggest: A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in. B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding. C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris? So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts![/p][/quote]Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them. Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change. So you're left with several options; *remain the grumpy southeastern commuter. *Drive or, *Just don't work in London.[/p][/quote]Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot "[/p][/quote]As Southeastern have removed the toilets from some of their newish trains, even that isn't an option ;-) Dartbored
  • Score: 0

11:12am Thu 13 Dec 12

Gypo.Joe says...

Dartbored wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
SidcupResident wrote:
KT12345 wrote:
I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke!
Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line.

You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard.

You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.!
Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours!

Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley?

You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.
Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate.

132 timetable: http://www.londonbus





routes.net/times/132





.pdf

As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley.

I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern.

May I suggest:

A) Be grateful for any advice given and,

B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct.


May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute.

Thank you.
Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly?

May I suggest:
A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in.

B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding.

C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris?

So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts!
Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them.

Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change.

So you're left with several options;

*remain the grumpy southeastern commuter.

*Drive or,

*Just don't work in London.
Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot "
As Southeastern have removed the toilets from some of their newish trains, even that isn't an option ;-)
That's what the tabloids are for innit ?
Take a dump on an old paper on the floor of the last train out after a nite on dah beer. A nice parcel under the seat fer the cleaners.
[quote][p][bold]Dartbored[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KT12345[/bold] wrote: I was on the 07.41 from Bexley this am - got to L Bridge 09.20 - what a service! Sorry how much of an increase in fares am I looking at next year? What a joke![/p][/quote]Just get a 132 from Bexley village (by Bexley station) to North Greenwich then Jubilee line. You only need a zone 1-2 travelcard. You'll get to work on time and you'll save at least £500 a year.![/p][/quote]Have you ever done that journey in the morning?...... It takes hours! Why would you only need zones 1 - 2 if you're travaling from Bexley? You state that 'You'll get to work on time ' Can you promise that? If I don't get to work on time are you going to pay me compo...... No didn't think you would. Wind your neck in and stop make such stupid statements.[/p][/quote]Yes, I have made that journey, and the 132 goes onto the A2 after Rochester Way straight to Greenwich Peninsula. So it gets to North Greenwich quite quickly (under an hour from Bexley). Not 'hours' as you exaggerate. 132 timetable: http://www.londonbus routes.net/times/132 .pdf As for travelcards, if you have a travel which cover zones 1,2 or 3 you can get a bus in any London zone. So a zone 1-2 travelcard covering a tube journey from North Greenwich to Central London, will allow you to get a bus from in any of the London Zones, including Bexley. I can't give you compensation but TFL can similarly to Southeastern. May I suggest: A) Be grateful for any advice given and, B) Check the facts before you start frothing at the mouth and start criticising people for giving incorrect advice, when the advice is in fact correct. May I yet again suggest people actually check the Transport For London website (www.TFL.gov.uk) for alternative journeys and ways of saving money on your commute. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Sorry your wrong. Having used this service a few times when the trains are not running to the timetable. I also work with someone who lives in Blackfen and gets the bus to Eltham station. They once stayed on the bus to Greenwich and it took 2 hours. I done it the other week took nearly one hour from Eltham Station. Traffic jam on the A2. Also what happens when you get to Greenwich and the jubilee line isn't working or there are traffic jams like most morning. Tell me does the bus sprout wings and fly? May I suggest: A) Your advice is not the world beating problem solver you are making it out to be. I didn't ask for your advice, you decided to give it and now you got the hump because someone as pulled you up on it. So wind you neck in. B) After the Rochester Way it turns right into the Dover patrol, it then goes over the sun in the sands roundabout straight into a traffic jam for the tunnel. crawls along until the exit. Many people can't get on this bus from Well Hall because of over crowding. C) " I can't give you compensation" But you claim I will get to work on time. Back peddling now are we. Are you Boris? So your advice is not so great after all pal. maybe check some of your own facts![/p][/quote]Well I've just provided alternatives. I didn't have to. Take them or leave them. Moan all you like about Southeastern like other have for years but nothing will change. So you're left with several options; *remain the grumpy southeastern commuter. *Drive or, *Just don't work in London.[/p][/quote]Spot on comment or as my old Mum would say to all you commuters, " sh1t or get off the pot "[/p][/quote]As Southeastern have removed the toilets from some of their newish trains, even that isn't an option ;-)[/p][/quote]That's what the tabloids are for innit ? Take a dump on an old paper on the floor of the last train out after a nite on dah beer. A nice parcel under the seat fer the cleaners. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree