Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
St Mary Cray family in hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning
A FATHER raised the alarm this morning (October 30) when he found his wife and daughter unconscious suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at their home in St Mary Cray.
He was said to be groggy due to the effects of the gas but managed to call the emergency services to the scene in Sandway Road at around 2am.
Firefighters went in to the building wearing breathing apparatus and turned off the gas supply and opened the windows to air the flat.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at 1.40am today to reports of patients taken unwell.
"We sent a single responder in a car, three ambulance crews, a duty manager and our hazardous area response team to the scene.
"Our staff treated a 30-year-old man, a 36-year-old woman and a young girl all complaining of headaches and took the patients to hospital."
The cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning has not been determined.