Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Cooking pot sparks kitchen fire in Ruskin Way, Erith
A COOKING pot sparked a kitchen fire in Erith yesterday evening (October 4).
Firefighters were called to an address in Ruskin Road shortly after 9pm.
On arrival, they found the family already outside the property but the kitchen inside had been completely gutted by the flames.
There was no smoke alarm fitted inside the house and had there been so, the occupants may have been alerted to the fire sooner.
The crew from Erith spent between 30 and 40 minutes battling the flames.
Comments are closed on this article.