Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Peek inside Bromley's historic buildings during Open House weekend
A UNIQUE chance to get under the skin of some of Bromley’s historic buildings takes place this weekend.
Bromley is taking part in Open House London 2012 – the 20th anniversary of the architectural showcase where more than 750 buildings of all kinds will be opening their doors to the public.
In the borough 12 sites are taking part and there is also the chance to take a self guided tour of Chislehurst taking in some of the town’s most beautifully designed buildings.
The highlights include the Keston Roman Mausolea, in Westerham Road, Keston, which formed part of a Roman cemetery in around 200AD, and St George’s RAF Chapel of Remembrance, Main Road, Biggin Hill.
Also opening their doors to the public are:
- Biggin Hill Airfield, Scott Aviation Centre, 518 Churchill Road, Biggin Hill
- Bromley and Sheppard's College, London Road (entrance via Wren Gates, no vehicle entry), Bromley
- Bullers Wood, St Nicolas Lane, Logs Hill, Chislehurst
- Camden Place (Chislehurst Golf Club) , Camden Park Road, Chislehurst
- The Churchill, High Street, Bromley
- Eltham College, Grove Park Road, Mottingham
- Keston Parish Church, Church Road, Keston
- Kevington Hall, Crockenhill Road, Orpington
- The Odeon, High Street, Beckenham
- Sundridge Park, Plaistow Lane, Bromley
Open City director Victoria Thornton said: “Open House is a unique annual event, offering people across London the chance to explore and learn about the ‘changing face’ of the capital’s architecture.
“Last year 89 per cent of participants said the Open House event was the best way to get under the skin, become more knowledgeable and engage in the dialogue about the capital’s architecture.
“This year we’re excited to be celebrating 20 years of Open House London with a special 48 hour programme of buildings, walks, tours and talks taking in some of the London’s most spectacular architecture.”
Go to openhouselondon.org.uk/bromley for more details about the opening times for each site.
Comments are closed on this article.