Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Free pre-employment training for Dartford and Gravesham residents
FREE pre-employment training is being offered to people in Dartford and Gravesham.
Unemployed people, aged 19 and over, can apply for one of the five accredited courses without it affecting their benefits.
- Preparation For Employment: involves effective CV writing and applications, job searching skills as well as preparing for and feeling confident in interviews.
- Equality and Diversity: you can find out about the importance of promoting equality and diversity in order to ensure an effective workplace.
- Awareness Of Substance Misuse: involves recognising signs of substance misuse and the social and personal effects of substance misuse.
- Numeracy and Literacy: helps improve reading, writing and maths for everyday use.
- Warehouse and Storage: fork lift training as well as picking, packing and stock control.
- Security and Stewarding: understanding stewarding at spectator events.
Up to £1m funding for the scheme will be cut unless 100 people have signed up by Thursday (July 5).
To enrol or for more information, call 01474 560834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org