Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Candle fire warning after bedroom blaze
AN UNATTENDED candle caused a bedroom fire at a house in Plumstead overnight.
Firefighters were called to Burwash Road at 12.35am.
The single occupant of the home had escaped uninjured before two crews from Plumstead fire station arrived at the scene.
Watch manager John Howling said the incident was a warning to households about the dangers of unattended lit candles.
Mr Howling said: "Make sure candles are secured in their proper holder and away from materials that might catch fire like curtains.
"Put candles out when you leave the room."
Comments are closed on this article.