House fire in Adelaide Avenue, Brockley 'caused by incense'

News Shopper: Brockley house fire 'caused by incense' Brockley house fire 'caused by incense'

FIRE fighters were called out last night after a Brockley blaze which appears to have been started by an incense stick.

A Lewisham crew was called to the scene in Adelaide Avenue at around 7pm last night.

Once there they found the family gathered outside and a wardrobe on fire in one of the bedrooms.

It took around 10 minutes to put the fire out, which caused around 40 per cent damage in the room.

Fire fighters say it seems a man had left an incense stick to burn inside the room and the fire had been caused by some of its ash falling onto flammable material.

Related links

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:21am Fri 30 Mar 12

Jeepo12 says...

Incense stick my arse, more like a fag or a big old spliff.
Incense stick my arse, more like a fag or a big old spliff. Jeepo12

11:57am Fri 30 Mar 12

the wall says...

It's illegal to sleep with close family members.

Oh hang on they mean the smelly stick thingy.
It's illegal to sleep with close family members. Oh hang on they mean the smelly stick thingy. the wall

9:19pm Fri 30 Mar 12

Dr Lester Piggott says...

Incence, more like no sense.
Incence, more like no sense. Dr Lester Piggott

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree