Alex Reid's cagefighting rival causing Eltham clamping misery

ELTHAM: Alex Reid's cagefighting rival causing clamping misery

Jake 'Brutal' Bostwick has been clamping cars in Eltham

Angela Flanningham has been trying to warn drivers

Drivers say the sign is not noticeable

First published in News News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , deputy news editor

HE’S more used to beating up beefcakes like Alex Reid, but a cagefighting clamper has been smacked down by elderly Eltham drivers.

Motorists and businesses are fuming about the behaviour of clampers in a private road off Passey Place who wait in a van and pounce on cars as soon as their drivers leave, before demanding £120 in cash.

Jake ‘Brutal’ Bostwick and colleagues from Erith-based LCS Ltd are accused of scuffling with a 74-year-old cancer patient, grappling with one man on the floor and “setting traps” for people making charity donations and taking their pets to the vet.

Jean Snow, 74, who suffers from a rare form of cancer, was clamped as she sat in the passenger seat of her son’s car.

The pair had bought wood from a DIY shop and Mrs Snow was sitting with it on her lap when Mr Bostwick struck.

She said: “I was screaming at him like a fishwife.

“I managed to push the door open and I told him, ‘You’re the scum of the earth’.”

Mrs Snow said she tried to pull the clamper away but he carried on and she was forced to pay the fine. News Shopper: Drivers say the sign is not noticeable

Disabled great-grandmother Jackie Foran was left in tears when she was clamped by two men while taking her Yorkshire terriers to the vets.

The 73-year-old said she had not noticed a sign high up on the wall warning her of the fine.

She said: “They were so abusive. I went into the vet and I just burst out crying.

“After I’d paid the £120 I didn’t even have enough in my account to pay for the vet’s bill.”

One charity shop even had to help a donor pay off their fine using money from the till. News Shopper: Angela Flanningham has been trying to warn drivers

Vet Gaye Sinclair, who witnessed two men fighting over one incident, has seen Eltham MP Clive Efford about the issue and has put up signs in her waiting room warning people.

And charity shop worker Angela Flanningham has been moving bins into the offending spaces to stop people parking there.

But she said: “Each time they just move them back so there’s space for people to park. It’s a trap.”

Greenwich police say the clampers are not doing anything illegal but are warning drivers to be careful where they park.

News Shopper: Jake 'Brutal' Bostwick has been clamping cars in Eltham ‘I’m not fussed’

Mr Bostwick, whose bouts have included taking on fighters like Katie Price’s estranged husband Alex Reid and John ‘The White Mike Tyson’ Phillips, was unapologetic and claims he has been assaulted by Mrs Snow and others.

The Kidbrooke mixed martial arts fighter said: “If people want to put it in the papers I’m not fussed, you know.”

He said: “At the end of the day this is a private road. This is my business.

“You’ve got a sign to warn you.”

The 21-year-old, from Kidbrooke, added: “I’ve only been aggressive when someone’s been aggressive to me.

“It’s a risky job, don’t get me wrong, but what do you do?

“It can pay well.”

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:59pm Mon 31 Jan 11

porkpie says...

It cost 50p for 1 hour to park in Sainsbury's car park. So why not park there. As bad as it is the clampers are not doing anything illegal. However if a few people were to use their cars to block the clampers in to their van it, could be funny. Jake ‘Brutal’ Bostwick - is just a bully 9 - 8 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) not very good are you! Jake 'Bunny' Bostwick - Alex Reid was were you got battered.
" Moments after flooring his opponent Jake Bostwick with a hard right knee, Reid goes back to Bostwick, who is still dazed on the ground, and triumphantly poses with one foot on his back and his hands in the air..........
So now you pick your fights with OAP.
Loser !
It cost 50p for 1 hour to park in Sainsbury's car park. So why not park there. As bad as it is the clampers are not doing anything illegal. However if a few people were to use their cars to block the clampers in to their van it, could be funny. Jake ‘Brutal’ Bostwick - is just a bully 9 - 8 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) not very good are you! Jake 'Bunny' Bostwick - Alex Reid was were you got battered. " Moments after flooring his opponent Jake Bostwick with a hard right knee, Reid goes back to Bostwick, who is still dazed on the ground, and triumphantly poses with one foot on his back and his hands in the air.......... So now you pick your fights with OAP. Loser ! porkpie
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Tue 1 Feb 11

cher says...

I watched the Man in question Jake Bostwick drive up and ram the bins squashing the bins all together with his little white van to make a space so people could park where the bins are lined up. This is not normal behaviour. Clampers shouldn't be do that kind of thing. Then he drove down the little side road, turn around and parking up waiting for someone to pounce on!
As for the signs... Well have you seen how high the sign is up the wall.. Have a look when you walk pass as it so high up you can't even see it in that picture on here where the red bin is. Oh look you can also see Jake Bostwick little white van parked up down the end waiting!! Its a joke! they should lower the signs so people can see them and read them. Lower the sign and do your job proprley.
I watched the Man in question Jake Bostwick drive up and ram the bins squashing the bins all together with his little white van to make a space so people could park where the bins are lined up. This is not normal behaviour. Clampers shouldn't be do that kind of thing. Then he drove down the little side road, turn around and parking up waiting for someone to pounce on! As for the signs... Well have you seen how high the sign is up the wall.. Have a look when you walk pass as it so high up you can't even see it in that picture on here where the red bin is. Oh look you can also see Jake Bostwick little white van parked up down the end waiting!! Its a joke! they should lower the signs so people can see them and read them. Lower the sign and do your job proprley. cher
  • Score: 0

3:26pm Wed 2 Feb 11

StayFrosty says...

Maybe they could get a Bromley lollipop lady to sort him out. Doesn't sound like it would take much to knock him down. What an unpleasant man.
Maybe they could get a Bromley lollipop lady to sort him out. Doesn't sound like it would take much to knock him down. What an unpleasant man. StayFrosty
  • Score: 1

6:17pm Wed 2 Feb 11

nicks mate says...

Jake "brutal" boswick looks more like a naughty smurf than the intimidating cage fighter. stop picking on the elderly and get a real trade
Jake "brutal" boswick looks more like a naughty smurf than the intimidating cage fighter. stop picking on the elderly and get a real trade nicks mate
  • Score: 0

6:22pm Wed 2 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

i don't see anything wrong with the clamping going on at this place. i know where it is, i've seen it my self and there are plenty of warning signs up, hence why i don't park there. it's all down to ignorance of the people who are illegally parking their cars. if you're too lazy or ignorant to read a warning sign then park at your own peril. you take the risk, you get caught, your own fault. i know for a fact that it's a private road so why take that risk to start with if it says clearly on the sign 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'. I think the release fee would be enough to scare anyone off. £120. i totally agree with the wheel clamping, i back it 100 % it's private land so why park there. say for example someone parked on your driveway, would you like it? no you wouldn't. you would want something done about it. exactly the same rules apply to all these private landowners. Also i've gotta say, how is a clamper to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? the same rules apply to every one at the end of the day.
jake BRUTAL bostwick is only doing his job with the rest of the clampers from LCS. if you don't like it, don't park there. simple as.
It also states in the article that Greenwich police have said that the clampers are doing nothing wrong. nice words of wisdom there. i also agree.
There is nothing wrong with jake BRUTAL bostwick, i've seen him several times at this particular place, was going to park there before but i saw the signs and used my common sense to move the car. He's always polite and a nice guy towards me. Clearly there is a bit of jelousy going on here if you all feel the need to slag him off and clearly have nothing better to do than try and torment a nice young man who is trying to make a living.
Gota say, how is he to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it?
I have a suggestions, why doesn't every body stop being so ignorant and stupid, read the warning signs where you park, avoid the parking charges and get on with your lives.
i don't see anything wrong with the clamping going on at this place. i know where it is, i've seen it my self and there are plenty of warning signs up, hence why i don't park there. it's all down to ignorance of the people who are illegally parking their cars. if you're too lazy or ignorant to read a warning sign then park at your own peril. you take the risk, you get caught, your own fault. i know for a fact that it's a private road so why take that risk to start with if it says clearly on the sign 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'. I think the release fee would be enough to scare anyone off. £120. i totally agree with the wheel clamping, i back it 100 % it's private land so why park there. say for example someone parked on your driveway, would you like it? no you wouldn't. you would want something done about it. exactly the same rules apply to all these private landowners. Also i've gotta say, how is a clamper to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? the same rules apply to every one at the end of the day. jake BRUTAL bostwick is only doing his job with the rest of the clampers from LCS. if you don't like it, don't park there. simple as. It also states in the article that Greenwich police have said that the clampers are doing nothing wrong. nice words of wisdom there. i also agree. There is nothing wrong with jake BRUTAL bostwick, i've seen him several times at this particular place, was going to park there before but i saw the signs and used my common sense to move the car. He's always polite and a nice guy towards me. Clearly there is a bit of jelousy going on here if you all feel the need to slag him off and clearly have nothing better to do than try and torment a nice young man who is trying to make a living. Gota say, how is he to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? I have a suggestions, why doesn't every body stop being so ignorant and stupid, read the warning signs where you park, avoid the parking charges and get on with your lives. fordy2589
  • Score: 0

6:28pm Wed 2 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

another thing, it also says that one of the ladies that was clamped was disabled? again how are the clampers to know if there isn't a disbaled badge on display? it's ridiculous the lot of it. people think they are in the right when they clearly aren't when it comes to parking restrictions
another thing, it also says that one of the ladies that was clamped was disabled? again how are the clampers to know if there isn't a disbaled badge on display? it's ridiculous the lot of it. people think they are in the right when they clearly aren't when it comes to parking restrictions fordy2589
  • Score: 0

9:16pm Wed 2 Feb 11

nicks mate says...

"NAUGHTY SMURF" VERSUS "BROMLEY LOLLIPOP LADY". 3 X 5 MINUTE ROUNDS, I KNOW WHO MY MONEY WOULD BE ON.
"NAUGHTY SMURF" VERSUS "BROMLEY LOLLIPOP LADY". 3 X 5 MINUTE ROUNDS, I KNOW WHO MY MONEY WOULD BE ON. nicks mate
  • Score: 0

9:36pm Wed 2 Feb 11

cher says...

fordy2589 wrote:
another thing, it also says that one of the ladies that was clamped was disabled? again how are the clampers to know if there isn't a disbaled badge on display? it's ridiculous the lot of it. people think they are in the right when they clearly aren't when it comes to parking restrictions
Well it does not say that the lady in question did or didn't have a disdaled badge!! Who would know that, unless you are Jake or a friend of Jakes?????
As for Jake raming the bins with his van I witnessed this along with others, wouldn't you say thats causing criminal damage.
I don't know Jake or never knew who he was until I see his picture on here and it was him I witnessed it the white van driving.
I've got nothing against clampers when they do the job properly, but its plain as simple that they are NOT as they are setting TRAPS right beside the vets and parking up waiting for someone to park there. People are watching them do this!!
[quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: another thing, it also says that one of the ladies that was clamped was disabled? again how are the clampers to know if there isn't a disbaled badge on display? it's ridiculous the lot of it. people think they are in the right when they clearly aren't when it comes to parking restrictions[/p][/quote]Well it does not say that the lady in question did or didn't have a disdaled badge!! Who would know that, unless you are Jake or a friend of Jakes????? As for Jake raming the bins with his van I witnessed this along with others, wouldn't you say thats causing criminal damage. I don't know Jake or never knew who he was until I see his picture on here and it was him I witnessed it the white van driving. I've got nothing against clampers when they do the job properly, but its plain as simple that they are NOT as they are setting TRAPS right beside the vets and parking up waiting for someone to park there. People are watching them do this!! cher
  • Score: 0

10:10pm Wed 2 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

cher from eltham, i am very well awae that in the article it doesn't say that if she did or didn't have a disabled badge on display but if it did then he wouldn't have clamped it as it is illegal and jake bostwick would have been arrested so therefore i will rightly assume that there was not a disabled badge on display.
i can also assure you that i am defiantely not jake, i am a 21 year old female that has previously worked in the wheel clamping business so clearly i will agree with the parking restrictions and back any one of them. it's like i said, it's just down to the pure ignorance of the driver. if people wake up and actually look at what they are doing, like read a black and white warning sign then none of the clamping would happen. it does quite annoy me that people feel the need to bad mouth people that are trying to earn a living. it is nothing to do with anyone else besides the person that has been clamped and the wheel clamper so why get involved to begin with? this is how the news shopper has managed to make jake bostwick seem like a horrible heartless man which i can only assume he is not
cher from eltham, i am very well awae that in the article it doesn't say that if she did or didn't have a disabled badge on display but if it did then he wouldn't have clamped it as it is illegal and jake bostwick would have been arrested so therefore i will rightly assume that there was not a disabled badge on display. i can also assure you that i am defiantely not jake, i am a 21 year old female that has previously worked in the wheel clamping business so clearly i will agree with the parking restrictions and back any one of them. it's like i said, it's just down to the pure ignorance of the driver. if people wake up and actually look at what they are doing, like read a black and white warning sign then none of the clamping would happen. it does quite annoy me that people feel the need to bad mouth people that are trying to earn a living. it is nothing to do with anyone else besides the person that has been clamped and the wheel clamper so why get involved to begin with? this is how the news shopper has managed to make jake bostwick seem like a horrible heartless man which i can only assume he is not fordy2589
  • Score: 0

9:42am Thu 3 Feb 11

haymaster says...

fordy2589 wrote:
i don't see anything wrong with the clamping going on at this place. i know where it is, i've seen it my self and there are plenty of warning signs up, hence why i don't park there. it's all down to ignorance of the people who are illegally parking their cars. if you're too lazy or ignorant to read a warning sign then park at your own peril. you take the risk, you get caught, your own fault. i know for a fact that it's a private road so why take that risk to start with if it says clearly on the sign 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'. I think the release fee would be enough to scare anyone off. £120. i totally agree with the wheel clamping, i back it 100 % it's private land so why park there. say for example someone parked on your driveway, would you like it? no you wouldn't. you would want something done about it. exactly the same rules apply to all these private landowners. Also i've gotta say, how is a clamper to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? the same rules apply to every one at the end of the day. jake BRUTAL bostwick is only doing his job with the rest of the clampers from LCS. if you don't like it, don't park there. simple as. It also states in the article that Greenwich police have said that the clampers are doing nothing wrong. nice words of wisdom there. i also agree. There is nothing wrong with jake BRUTAL bostwick, i've seen him several times at this particular place, was going to park there before but i saw the signs and used my common sense to move the car. He's always polite and a nice guy towards me. Clearly there is a bit of jelousy going on here if you all feel the need to slag him off and clearly have nothing better to do than try and torment a nice young man who is trying to make a living. Gota say, how is he to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? I have a suggestions, why doesn't every body stop being so ignorant and stupid, read the warning signs where you park, avoid the parking charges and get on with your lives.
Sounds like you want a date with Jake the Clamper... could you not get any more up his a@#!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: i don't see anything wrong with the clamping going on at this place. i know where it is, i've seen it my self and there are plenty of warning signs up, hence why i don't park there. it's all down to ignorance of the people who are illegally parking their cars. if you're too lazy or ignorant to read a warning sign then park at your own peril. you take the risk, you get caught, your own fault. i know for a fact that it's a private road so why take that risk to start with if it says clearly on the sign 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'. I think the release fee would be enough to scare anyone off. £120. i totally agree with the wheel clamping, i back it 100 % it's private land so why park there. say for example someone parked on your driveway, would you like it? no you wouldn't. you would want something done about it. exactly the same rules apply to all these private landowners. Also i've gotta say, how is a clamper to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? the same rules apply to every one at the end of the day. jake BRUTAL bostwick is only doing his job with the rest of the clampers from LCS. if you don't like it, don't park there. simple as. It also states in the article that Greenwich police have said that the clampers are doing nothing wrong. nice words of wisdom there. i also agree. There is nothing wrong with jake BRUTAL bostwick, i've seen him several times at this particular place, was going to park there before but i saw the signs and used my common sense to move the car. He's always polite and a nice guy towards me. Clearly there is a bit of jelousy going on here if you all feel the need to slag him off and clearly have nothing better to do than try and torment a nice young man who is trying to make a living. Gota say, how is he to know if a person has cancer when they are wheel clamped? it's not as if they walk around with a sign on their heads advertising it is it? I have a suggestions, why doesn't every body stop being so ignorant and stupid, read the warning signs where you park, avoid the parking charges and get on with your lives.[/p][/quote]Sounds like you want a date with Jake the Clamper... could you not get any more up his a@#!!!!!! haymaster
  • Score: 0

12:54pm Thu 3 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?
cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say? fordy2589
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Thu 3 Feb 11

haymaster says...

Ohhh.... now it makes sense Fordy you used to be a clamper, wondered why you were so passionate about them!!!
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys where any of these people park I have never received a parking ticket and hopefully never will. The reason I commented on this story is because I know someone who rushed their family pet dog to the vets from receiving horrific wounds caused by another dog while out walking, they parked here in order to get the dog rushed into the vets as quickly as possible. When they arrived back at the car they had been clamped. When they tried to explain what had happened the clamper wasn't interested even though my neighbour was covered in blood and crying with her two children.
Any normal human being with feelings would have ripped the fine up and removed the clamp but no not these scum bags they told her to pay up!!!!
Ohhh.... now it makes sense Fordy you used to be a clamper, wondered why you were so passionate about them!!! Personally I couldn't give a monkeys where any of these people park I have never received a parking ticket and hopefully never will. The reason I commented on this story is because I know someone who rushed their family pet dog to the vets from receiving horrific wounds caused by another dog while out walking, they parked here in order to get the dog rushed into the vets as quickly as possible. When they arrived back at the car they had been clamped. When they tried to explain what had happened the clamper wasn't interested even though my neighbour was covered in blood and crying with her two children. Any normal human being with feelings would have ripped the fine up and removed the clamp but no not these scum bags they told her to pay up!!!! haymaster
  • Score: 0

2:28pm Thu 3 Feb 11

cher says...

fordy2589 wrote:
cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?
No i've never been clamped before or had a parking ticket fordy. I have worked along side council clampers in my previous jobs and they would be dissmissed if they caused or attemped to cause criminal damage. Plus setting traps!!
Like I said before fordy, I've got nothing against clampers as long as they do there job properly. If there wasn't so many complains about this clampping company it wouldn't of reached the papers (FACT)
That all I have to say now you can carry on trying to support a company that has a headline story on them for as long as you like.
Well done to the News shopper for putting this in your paper as its now in the Greenwich times.
[quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?[/p][/quote]No i've never been clamped before or had a parking ticket fordy. I have worked along side council clampers in my previous jobs and they would be dissmissed if they caused or attemped to cause criminal damage. Plus setting traps!! Like I said before fordy, I've got nothing against clampers as long as they do there job properly. If there wasn't so many complains about this clampping company it wouldn't of reached the papers (FACT) That all I have to say now you can carry on trying to support a company that has a headline story on them for as long as you like. Well done to the News shopper for putting this in your paper as its now in the Greenwich times. cher
  • Score: 0

2:35pm Thu 3 Feb 11

porkpie says...

I think fordy2589 needs a lesson in internetting and debating. Thou hats off your spelling in good. So come on what about compassion. Do clampers have any ? Also why are you not a clamper any more ?
I think fordy2589 needs a lesson in internetting and debating. Thou hats off your spelling in good. So come on what about compassion. Do clampers have any ? Also why are you not a clamper any more ? porkpie
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Thu 3 Feb 11

cher says...

cher wrote:
fordy2589 wrote:
cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?
No i've never been clamped before or had a parking ticket fordy. I have worked along side council clampers in my previous jobs and they would be dissmissed if they caused or attemped to cause criminal damage. Plus setting traps!!
Like I said before fordy, I've got nothing against clampers as long as they do there job properly. If there wasn't so many complains about this clampping company it wouldn't of reached the papers (FACT)
That all I have to say now you can carry on trying to support a company that has a headline story on them for as long as you like.
Well done to the News shopper for putting this in your paper as its now in the Greenwich times.
I'm not 100% sure this story is in the Greenwich time. Aa I haven't seen the Greenwich times. I've just been told its in there so it may not be.
Oh and i've just heard Jake has been dissmissed, how true is that???
[quote][p][bold]cher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?[/p][/quote]No i've never been clamped before or had a parking ticket fordy. I have worked along side council clampers in my previous jobs and they would be dissmissed if they caused or attemped to cause criminal damage. Plus setting traps!! Like I said before fordy, I've got nothing against clampers as long as they do there job properly. If there wasn't so many complains about this clampping company it wouldn't of reached the papers (FACT) That all I have to say now you can carry on trying to support a company that has a headline story on them for as long as you like. Well done to the News shopper for putting this in your paper as its now in the Greenwich times.[/p][/quote]I'm not 100% sure this story is in the Greenwich time. Aa I haven't seen the Greenwich times. I've just been told its in there so it may not be. Oh and i've just heard Jake has been dissmissed, how true is that??? cher
  • Score: 0

3:54pm Thu 3 Feb 11

cher says...

fordy2589 wrote:
cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?
Fordy, I think you are getting me confused with another person answering to your statments you have left as when have I copied and pasted texed, plus I have never said anything about you wanting a date with Jake?? If I was you I would read the statments again as you seem to be a bit confused to me.
[quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: cher, eltham, i sure you are very happy with yourself that you are able to copy and paste a piece of text. truth hurts doesn't it. i assume you have been clamped before? hence why you don't have anyting else to say about the matter and can only say that i want a date with jake bostwick and copy every one of my comments back to me. clearly you are have no opinion of your own or you have been clamped previously. or maybe you are in fact something to do with one of the shops in question at this peticular place?. i think there's a bit of jelousy there, think it is infact you that wants a piece of him. like i have previously mentioned, i think you should all get on with your lives and leave the clampers alone. they are doing their jobs correctly just like i did when i was clamping cars. it's only idiots that don't read the warning signs at the end of the day. i look forward tp seeing my comment copied back to me as you have nothing else to say?[/p][/quote]Fordy, I think you are getting me confused with another person answering to your statments you have left as when have I copied and pasted texed, plus I have never said anything about you wanting a date with Jake?? If I was you I would read the statments again as you seem to be a bit confused to me. cher
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Thu 3 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

see once again, it should all be people minding their own. yes i was a clamper amd i do think it's pathetic that people need to all jump on the band wagon and slate them all.
it says in the articlem which was said by the police i might add, that LCS are doing nothing illegal. like most clampers. they are doing a job at the end of the day. just like parking meter attendants. it paid my bills hence why i did that job, just like i can only assume jake is doing. a jobs a job. personal feelings and compassion do not come into it.
i highly doubt that jake has been dismissed either. why would he be after a news paper article? i'm sure you'll see the clampers from LCS back at passey place again soon. if they haven't been there already.
like i say, a jobs a job so let them carry on. i'm sure you would all be the same if you were doing the same job.
cher, from eltham, i also apologise for the last comment. wrong name was mentioned.
haymaster, if this person parked their car there correctly then they would not have been clamped would they?
i know i'm right in what i'm saying anyway. so the opinion of everyone else and bad mouthing wheel clampers is totally irrelivant.
see once again, it should all be people minding their own. yes i was a clamper amd i do think it's pathetic that people need to all jump on the band wagon and slate them all. it says in the articlem which was said by the police i might add, that LCS are doing nothing illegal. like most clampers. they are doing a job at the end of the day. just like parking meter attendants. it paid my bills hence why i did that job, just like i can only assume jake is doing. a jobs a job. personal feelings and compassion do not come into it. i highly doubt that jake has been dismissed either. why would he be after a news paper article? i'm sure you'll see the clampers from LCS back at passey place again soon. if they haven't been there already. like i say, a jobs a job so let them carry on. i'm sure you would all be the same if you were doing the same job. cher, from eltham, i also apologise for the last comment. wrong name was mentioned. haymaster, if this person parked their car there correctly then they would not have been clamped would they? i know i'm right in what i'm saying anyway. so the opinion of everyone else and bad mouthing wheel clampers is totally irrelivant. fordy2589
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Thu 3 Feb 11

bizzymum says...

So you're 21??????? And the rest love, think you need to lay off all that angel delight ...and the vulnerable!!!!!!!
So you're 21??????? And the rest love, think you need to lay off all that angel delight ...and the vulnerable!!!!!!! bizzymum
  • Score: 0

8:00pm Thu 3 Feb 11

PCNS says...

Fordy2589 - Parking illegally or on private land is wrong and selfish in many cases but do not kid yourselves that the firms that work on the fringe of this “profession” have anything other than making money on their minds. They do use underhand tactics and they do bully people into paying. They do not care how they get their money as long as they do. It is legal extortion and you know it. There is no negotiation, compassion or discussion and if it helped you sleep better at night thinking you were doing a public service then IMO you were wrong. These private firms have no principles and the sooner they are outlawed the better.
Fordy2589 - Parking illegally or on private land is wrong and selfish in many cases but do not kid yourselves that the firms that work on the fringe of this “profession” have anything other than making money on their minds. They do use underhand tactics and they do bully people into paying. They do not care how they get their money as long as they do. It is legal extortion and you know it. There is no negotiation, compassion or discussion and if it helped you sleep better at night thinking you were doing a public service then IMO you were wrong. These private firms have no principles and the sooner they are outlawed the better. PCNS
  • Score: 0

10:09pm Thu 3 Feb 11

sas2010 says...

OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster....
OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster.... sas2010
  • Score: 0

9:44am Fri 4 Feb 11

porkpie says...

sas2010 wrote:
OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster....
Your ever his mother, sister, aunty, other relation, or sleeping with him.
" front cover of a newspaper " it's front page but anyway is the paper out yet I havn't had my copy. Did you not read this " Vet Gaye Sinclair, who witnessed two men fighting over one incident," Really nice bloke.
[quote][p][bold]sas2010[/bold] wrote: OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster....[/p][/quote]Your ever his mother, sister, aunty, other relation, or sleeping with him. " front cover of a newspaper " it's front page but anyway is the paper out yet I havn't had my copy. Did you not read this " Vet Gaye Sinclair, who witnessed two men fighting over one incident," Really nice bloke. porkpie
  • Score: 0

9:44am Fri 4 Feb 11

haymaster says...

Seriously Fordy you really need to get a life. Read my story again, my neighbour’s Dog was bleeding so bad the vets had the dog transferred to Thamesmead where it was kept in over night for four days. If you have an animal or person bleeding in your car and needing urgent medical help you are hardly going to be worrying about parking your car correctly in a car park or parking bay... what planet are you from!!!! She where she did to get the animal into the vets as quickly as possible.
I am not suggesting the clampers are doing a bad job just trying to state that in cases like this you would like to think the woman would have been let off but like you said they are compared to ticket wardens and we all know they have targets to meet and lets be fair the more fines they collect the more pay and bonus's they receive FACT!!!
Just for the record I am not jealous of Jake either for your information those who know me on here will tell you I also have fifteen years experience of martial arts and kick boxing I also teach the police force and have a very good job in the City therefore please do not insult me with quotes suggesting I’m jealous of Jake you are only making yourself look silly.
Seriously Fordy you really need to get a life. Read my story again, my neighbour’s Dog was bleeding so bad the vets had the dog transferred to Thamesmead where it was kept in over night for four days. If you have an animal or person bleeding in your car and needing urgent medical help you are hardly going to be worrying about parking your car correctly in a car park or parking bay... what planet are you from!!!! She where she did to get the animal into the vets as quickly as possible. I am not suggesting the clampers are doing a bad job just trying to state that in cases like this you would like to think the woman would have been let off but like you said they are compared to ticket wardens and we all know they have targets to meet and lets be fair the more fines they collect the more pay and bonus's they receive FACT!!! Just for the record I am not jealous of Jake either for your information those who know me on here will tell you I also have fifteen years experience of martial arts and kick boxing I also teach the police force and have a very good job in the City therefore please do not insult me with quotes suggesting I’m jealous of Jake you are only making yourself look silly. haymaster
  • Score: 0

10:22am Fri 4 Feb 11

fordy2589 says...

haymaster..... i need to get a life? i have a brilliant one with a high paying job thanks. clamping was a very good job for me too. cearly you have an issue with it and thats you're problem. i do believe it is you that should get a life and stop whining about something that hasn't even happened to you.
i highly doubt i am making myself look silly by backing up jake bostwick. it is in fact you that is making yourself look silly by arguing with a 21 year old about a 21 year old.
sas 2010 i totally agree with you. he is only doing a job at the end of the day and clearly this news paper reporter had nothing better to do than go and disturb someone doing their job.
it's always the wheel clampers that are penalised but never the people who park their cars illegally. they always think they are in the right.
haymaster..... i need to get a life? i have a brilliant one with a high paying job thanks. clamping was a very good job for me too. cearly you have an issue with it and thats you're problem. i do believe it is you that should get a life and stop whining about something that hasn't even happened to you. i highly doubt i am making myself look silly by backing up jake bostwick. it is in fact you that is making yourself look silly by arguing with a 21 year old about a 21 year old. sas 2010 i totally agree with you. he is only doing a job at the end of the day and clearly this news paper reporter had nothing better to do than go and disturb someone doing their job. it's always the wheel clampers that are penalised but never the people who park their cars illegally. they always think they are in the right. fordy2589
  • Score: 0

11:40am Fri 4 Feb 11

haymaster says...

Good for you Fordy in this current market you have a good job and nice pay well done give yourself a pat on the back, bravo!!!
I don't see what age has to do with the debate on this story but you are right I must be bad arguing with an 8 year old please accept my apologies I am very sorry, if your parents would like to speak to me directly I am more than happy to provide my contact details if required.
I should keep my mouth shut when the incident was nothing to do with me fair enough however, the clamping was nothing to do with you either or was it? therefore why are you on the defending end??? Clampers are no different to loan sharks they charge a fortune for a petty mistake or crime as you might call it. That is why I have never been given a fine although I have the funds to settle them I would never give them the satisfaction of taking my money!!!!
Good for you Fordy in this current market you have a good job and nice pay well done give yourself a pat on the back, bravo!!! I don't see what age has to do with the debate on this story but you are right I must be bad arguing with an 8 year old please accept my apologies I am very sorry, if your parents would like to speak to me directly I am more than happy to provide my contact details if required. I should keep my mouth shut when the incident was nothing to do with me fair enough however, the clamping was nothing to do with you either or was it? therefore why are you on the defending end??? Clampers are no different to loan sharks they charge a fortune for a petty mistake or crime as you might call it. That is why I have never been given a fine although I have the funds to settle them I would never give them the satisfaction of taking my money!!!! haymaster
  • Score: 0

11:56am Fri 4 Feb 11

porkpie says...

fordy2589 wrote:
haymaster..... i need to get a life? i have a brilliant one with a high paying job thanks. clamping was a very good job for me too. cearly you have an issue with it and thats you're problem. i do believe it is you that should get a life and stop whining about something that hasn't even happened to you. i highly doubt i am making myself look silly by backing up jake bostwick. it is in fact you that is making yourself look silly by arguing with a 21 year old about a 21 year old. sas 2010 i totally agree with you. he is only doing a job at the end of the day and clearly this news paper reporter had nothing better to do than go and disturb someone doing their job. it's always the wheel clampers that are penalised but never the people who park their cars illegally. they always think they are in the right.
Can we have a slow clap for fordy2589 please. You don't get it do you ? Clampers are in the group as kiddie fiddlers.
[quote][p][bold]fordy2589[/bold] wrote: haymaster..... i need to get a life? i have a brilliant one with a high paying job thanks. clamping was a very good job for me too. cearly you have an issue with it and thats you're problem. i do believe it is you that should get a life and stop whining about something that hasn't even happened to you. i highly doubt i am making myself look silly by backing up jake bostwick. it is in fact you that is making yourself look silly by arguing with a 21 year old about a 21 year old. sas 2010 i totally agree with you. he is only doing a job at the end of the day and clearly this news paper reporter had nothing better to do than go and disturb someone doing their job. it's always the wheel clampers that are penalised but never the people who park their cars illegally. they always think they are in the right.[/p][/quote]Can we have a slow clap for fordy2589 please. You don't get it do you ? Clampers are in the group as kiddie fiddlers. porkpie
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Fri 4 Feb 11

Locked and Loaded says...

Add to that group BNP leaflet distributors Porkpie. :)
Add to that group BNP leaflet distributors Porkpie. :) Locked and Loaded
  • Score: 0

3:35pm Fri 4 Feb 11

porkpie says...

Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me.
Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me. porkpie
  • Score: 0

6:03pm Fri 4 Feb 11

cher says...

porkpie wrote:
sas2010 wrote:
OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster....
Your ever his mother, sister, aunty, other relation, or sleeping with him.
" front cover of a newspaper " it's front page but anyway is the paper out yet I havn't had my copy. Did you not read this " Vet Gaye Sinclair, who witnessed two men fighting over one incident," Really nice bloke.
defo, Porkpie... This is him or one of the family lol, as Jake was down there yesterday moving the bins and then taking pic's of the bins. So thats wot his trying to say that the bins are blocking a fire exit... Wot a joke!!
So thats wot he was upto, his gonna use that reason why his been raming them with his van!!
Well at lease he know that alot of people are watching him now.
[quote][p][bold]porkpie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sas2010[/bold] wrote: OMG cant a person just do there job, people wouldnt like it if someone parked on there drive without permission? and there isnt any age restriction or medical reports on clamping, if you have a disabled badge on the car then the car wouldnt of been touched, but clearly there wasnt, and i,v been pass pasey place and i have seen the bins pushed up against the fire exit of a building that this lady claims to have pushed them to stop people parking.....isnt that a fire hazard? I understand people being bitter about getting fines, but that is what the land owner requests and doesnt want random people on his land, so Jake is only doing his job and not fair that he has been penalized and stuck on the front cover of a newspaper because someone didnt want to pay, and saying they have CANCER to the reporters????? what has that got to do with anything, yes i feel for the women and wish her well but how on earth is Jake supposed to know that???? Its really wrong how people have twisted everything and made it a big sob story and Jake a monster....[/p][/quote]Your ever his mother, sister, aunty, other relation, or sleeping with him. " front cover of a newspaper " it's front page but anyway is the paper out yet I havn't had my copy. Did you not read this " Vet Gaye Sinclair, who witnessed two men fighting over one incident," Really nice bloke.[/p][/quote]defo, Porkpie... This is him or one of the family lol, as Jake was down there yesterday moving the bins and then taking pic's of the bins. So thats wot his trying to say that the bins are blocking a fire exit... Wot a joke!! So thats wot he was upto, his gonna use that reason why his been raming them with his van!! Well at lease he know that alot of people are watching him now. cher
  • Score: 0

11:31am Sat 5 Feb 11

Lofty557 says...

porkpie wrote:
Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me.
You 2 are like a couple of closet chums - why dont you just come out and be done with it! Lol ho-ho
[quote][p][bold]porkpie[/bold] wrote: Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me.[/p][/quote]You 2 are like a couple of closet chums - why dont you just come out and be done with it! Lol ho-ho Lofty557
  • Score: 0

1:17pm Mon 7 Feb 11

porkpie says...

Lofty557 wrote:
porkpie wrote: Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me.
You 2 are like a couple of closet chums - why dont you just come out and be done with it! Lol ho-ho
What's the matter sweet cheeks …. jealous ? Funny what you read into things, says more about you than anything.
[quote][p][bold]Lofty557[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]porkpie[/bold] wrote: Duly added. Cheers, have a virtual pint on me.[/p][/quote]You 2 are like a couple of closet chums - why dont you just come out and be done with it! Lol ho-ho[/p][/quote]What's the matter sweet cheeks …. jealous ? Funny what you read into things, says more about you than anything. porkpie
  • Score: 0

6:35pm Mon 7 Feb 11

barneypooch says...

The fact that this sort of clamping has been illegal in Scotland for years says it all. It's just one tiny step away from theft, which is why it's illegal in Scotland. Look it up on Google.

AFAIK it's now illegal in England (as of today). About bloody time.

And as for that Jake - haha. In my experience, those blokes who try too hard to be "butch" usually have big problems with their sexuality. They'e frightened someone might suss them out. Proper men don't have to make that much effort.

Good luck, Gay Jake. I'd love to see what your future looks like when you can't do the clamping and you realise you're also a nobody in the world of fighting. It ain't like you're gonna have much of a career as a hooker. You'll make one butt-ugly bird, luv!
The fact that this sort of clamping has been illegal in Scotland for years says it all. It's just one tiny step away from theft, which is why it's illegal in Scotland. Look it up on Google. AFAIK it's now illegal in England (as of today). About bloody time. And as for that Jake - haha. In my experience, those blokes who try too hard to be "butch" usually have big problems with their sexuality. They'e frightened someone might suss them out. Proper men don't have to make that much effort. Good luck, Gay Jake. I'd love to see what your future looks like when you can't do the clamping and you realise you're also a nobody in the world of fighting. It ain't like you're gonna have much of a career as a hooker. You'll make one butt-ugly bird, luv! barneypooch
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree