Seven men jailed for Greenwich kidnap

Top: Leo Charles, Joshua Adediji, Jerome Barnes, Ola Ogunnusi. Bottom: Elvis Kibolokele, Junior Udoji, Christian Wanyanga, Ryan Elliot

Top: Leo Charles, Joshua Adediji, Jerome Barnes, Ola Ogunnusi. Bottom: Elvis Kibolokele, Junior Udoji, Christian Wanyanga, Ryan Elliot

First published in News

SEVEN men have been jailed for a total of more than 37 years for the kidnapping of a 23-year-old man.

In May last year the victim was driving down Quince Road, Greenwich, with his 22-year-old friend Christian Wanyanga.

The car was stopped by a group of men who bundled the victim into the back of his own car and drove it to an address in Ashburnham Place, Greenwich.

Woolwich Crown Court heard the group, including Wanyanga, then tied the man up and threatened him with a knife and gun demanding a large amount of cash.

But the kidnappers did not realise the victim had dialled 999 using a mobile phone left on the floor.

News Shopper: Top: Leo Charles, Joshua Adediji, Jerome Barnes, Ola Ogunnusi. Bottom: Elvis Kibolokele, Junior Udoji, Christian Wanyanga, Ryan Elliot

Ola Ogunnusi, aged 19, of Ashburnham Place, Greenwich; Elvis Kibolokele, aged 19, of Harrison Way, Greenwich, and Wanyanga, of Commonwealth Way, Abbey Wood, were each sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to kidnap and false imprisonment.

While Jerome Barnes, aged 20, of Trevithick Drive, Dartford, was sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to kidnap and false imprisonment.

Two 23-year-old men Leo Charles, of Bramblebury Road, Woolwich, and Joshua Adediji, of Westcombe Court, Greenwich, were also jailed.

Related links

Charles was sentenced to nine years in prison after being found guilty of kidnap and false imprisonment while Adediji was sentenced to eight years after being found guilty of kidnap, false imprisonment and possession of an imitation firearm.

Ryan Elliot, 21 of no fixed address was sentenced to four months in prison after pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice.

And an eighth man, 21-year-old Junior Udoji, of Ulundi Road, Greenwich, pleaded guilty to kidnap and false imprisonment and will be sentenced on November 19.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy McDonald, from the Met Police’s violent and organised crime unit, said: “This was an organised and callous crime led by individuals who were simply driven by their greed and the opportunity to perpetuate their criminal lifestyles.

“The significant custodial sentences reinforce the partnership message that serious and organised criminal activity will not be tolerated within the borough of Greenwich".

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:17pm Fri 12 Nov 10

Orp Boy says...

Look a nice bunch dont they
Look a nice bunch dont they Orp Boy
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Fri 12 Nov 10

It's Me again ! says...

Orp Boy wrote:
Look a nice bunch dont they
And You are thinking the same as Me ;)
[quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they[/p][/quote]And You are thinking the same as Me ;) It's Me again !
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Fri 12 Nov 10

Orp Boy says...

It's Me again ! wrote:
Orp Boy wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they
And You are thinking the same as Me ;)
Yes
[quote][p][bold]It's Me again ![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they[/p][/quote]And You are thinking the same as Me ;)[/p][/quote]Yes Orp Boy
  • Score: 0

3:18pm Fri 12 Nov 10

porkpie says...

" But the kidnappers did not realise the victim had dialled 999 using a mobile phone left on the floor". Criminal master minds they are not work shy scum they are.
" But the kidnappers did not realise the victim had dialled 999 using a mobile phone left on the floor". Criminal master minds they are not work shy scum they are. porkpie
  • Score: 0

4:56pm Fri 12 Nov 10

Erastus says...

Elvis? Will he now be performing Jailhouse Rock inside, I wonder?
Elvis? Will he now be performing Jailhouse Rock inside, I wonder? Erastus
  • Score: 0

5:24pm Fri 12 Nov 10

porkpie says...

The whole rhythm section was a purple gang. Lets rock !
The whole rhythm section was a purple gang. Lets rock ! porkpie
  • Score: 0

9:08pm Fri 12 Nov 10

spoogle says...

They all look like they have been asked an extremely difficult question , like what is 1+1 .
They all look like they have been asked an extremely difficult question , like what is 1+1 . spoogle
  • Score: 0

11:49am Sat 13 Nov 10

Freckles5851 says...

Orp Boy wrote:
It's Me again ! wrote:
Orp Boy wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they
And You are thinking the same as Me ;)
Yes
Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/
[quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]It's Me again ![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they[/p][/quote]And You are thinking the same as Me ;)[/p][/quote]Yes[/p][/quote]Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/ Freckles5851
  • Score: 0

12:18am Sun 14 Nov 10

leefender says...

apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work
apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work leefender
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Sun 14 Nov 10

FannyFlaps says...

leefender wrote:
apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work
Ah history repeats itself as we used to ship all of our scum down under, good riddance.
[quote][p][bold]leefender[/bold] wrote: apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work[/p][/quote]Ah history repeats itself as we used to ship all of our scum down under, good riddance. FannyFlaps
  • Score: 0

6:38pm Sun 14 Nov 10

ho_ho_ho says...

FannyFlaps wrote:
leefender wrote:
apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work
Ah history repeats itself as we used to ship all of our scum down under, good riddance.
FannyFlaps, your a moron. Leefender, well done for jumping ship and paying tax to a country that doesn't love scum. No doubt you have a better standard of living.
Everything you say is correct, I'll be moving my family to Hong Kong in 2011. The last thing I want is my children growing up in England.
Its called white flight and its gaining momentum. The immigrants are welcome to our broken country.
[quote][p][bold]FannyFlaps[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]leefender[/bold] wrote: apologies about the poor spelling, typing very early at work[/p][/quote]Ah history repeats itself as we used to ship all of our scum down under, good riddance.[/p][/quote]FannyFlaps, your a moron. Leefender, well done for jumping ship and paying tax to a country that doesn't love scum. No doubt you have a better standard of living. Everything you say is correct, I'll be moving my family to Hong Kong in 2011. The last thing I want is my children growing up in England. Its called white flight and its gaining momentum. The immigrants are welcome to our broken country. ho_ho_ho
  • Score: 0

11:02am Mon 15 Nov 10

FannyFlaps says...

Oh how they will love your kind in Hong Kong, a racist chav and his offspring. Good luck.
Oh how they will love your kind in Hong Kong, a racist chav and his offspring. Good luck. FannyFlaps
  • Score: 0

11:46am Mon 15 Nov 10

porkpie says...

leefender wrote:
Same old, Same old. Black on Black, can't do a days work, would rather steal it from someone else, was over a few weeks ago to visit mt family, the place is now a filth hole, so glad I have left it, and for all the left wing bandwagon jumper, yes I am sure you am glad I left too. Scream racist at someone else, the fact is the younger generation of blacks are destroying the UK.
Yeah because there are no white scum in this country. Google the name Johnson Beharry.
[quote][p][bold]leefender[/bold] wrote: Same old, Same old. Black on Black, can't do a days work, would rather steal it from someone else, was over a few weeks ago to visit mt family, the place is now a filth hole, so glad I have left it, and for all the left wing bandwagon jumper, yes I am sure you am glad I left too. Scream racist at someone else, the fact is the younger generation of blacks are destroying the UK.[/p][/quote]Yeah because there are no white scum in this country. Google the name Johnson Beharry. porkpie
  • Score: 0

5:44pm Mon 15 Nov 10

ho_ho_ho says...

FannyFlaps wrote:
Oh how they will love your kind in Hong Kong, a racist chav and his offspring. Good luck.
You clearly know nothing about the place and I'm not going to educate you. By moving I'll avoid hundreds of thousands in UK taxation. Tax that would have been spent on the likes of you and these scum bags. Branding people racist and chavs is the best argument you have against the blinding truth. The fact is peple like me can choose where to live and pay or not pay tax. At least I can come back and use the health service free of charge.
[quote][p][bold]FannyFlaps[/bold] wrote: Oh how they will love your kind in Hong Kong, a racist chav and his offspring. Good luck.[/p][/quote]You clearly know nothing about the place and I'm not going to educate you. By moving I'll avoid hundreds of thousands in UK taxation. Tax that would have been spent on the likes of you and these scum bags. Branding people racist and chavs is the best argument you have against the blinding truth. The fact is peple like me can choose where to live and pay or not pay tax. At least I can come back and use the health service free of charge. ho_ho_ho
  • Score: 0

9:45am Tue 16 Nov 10

SE9,10,18 says...

Sorry....there must be something wrong with my screen. I was under the assumption the 8 men in the picture are black???
Thats what the stories about. 8 black men, that set up another black man, threatened him with a gun and kidnapped him. It wasnt about colour, until people started talking rubbish about white people influencing black people into being criminals...Nowhere in this article does is state that 1 white man was involved. These 8, off there own backs broke the law. They are scum. And thank GOD they are now in prison rotting (along with all the other scum, white, black or any other colour!)
Sorry....there must be something wrong with my screen. I was under the assumption the 8 men in the picture are black??? Thats what the stories about. 8 black men, that set up another black man, threatened him with a gun and kidnapped him. It wasnt about colour, until people started talking rubbish about white people influencing black people into being criminals...Nowhere in this article does is state that 1 white man was involved. These 8, off there own backs broke the law. They are scum. And thank GOD they are now in prison rotting (along with all the other scum, white, black or any other colour!) SE9,10,18
  • Score: 0

10:18am Tue 16 Nov 10

porkpie says...

Racist undertones were there from the first or second post.
Racist undertones were there from the first or second post. porkpie
  • Score: 0

6:59pm Tue 16 Nov 10

mr2wheels100 says...

Freckles5851 wrote:
Orp Boy wrote:
It's Me again ! wrote:
Orp Boy wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they
And You are thinking the same as Me ;)
Yes
Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/
I was thinking the same, but didn't want to type anything because a lot of people take offence to people expressing their thoughts here.
[quote][p][bold]Freckles5851[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]It's Me again ![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they[/p][/quote]And You are thinking the same as Me ;)[/p][/quote]Yes[/p][/quote]Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/[/p][/quote]I was thinking the same, but didn't want to type anything because a lot of people take offence to people expressing their thoughts here. mr2wheels100
  • Score: 0

11:40am Wed 17 Nov 10

Freckles5851 says...

mr2wheels100 wrote:
Freckles5851 wrote:
Orp Boy wrote:
It's Me again ! wrote:
Orp Boy wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they
And You are thinking the same as Me ;)
Yes
Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/
I was thinking the same, but didn't want to type anything because a lot of people take offence to people expressing their thoughts here.
Your point is proved in above comments Mr2Wheels !!! :)
[quote][p][bold]mr2wheels100[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freckles5851[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]It's Me again ![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Orp Boy[/bold] wrote: Look a nice bunch dont they[/p][/quote]And You are thinking the same as Me ;)[/p][/quote]Yes[/p][/quote]Hmmmmmmmmmm :>/[/p][/quote]I was thinking the same, but didn't want to type anything because a lot of people take offence to people expressing their thoughts here.[/p][/quote]Your point is proved in above comments Mr2Wheels !!! :) Freckles5851
  • Score: 0

6:30pm Wed 17 Nov 10

Familyguy321 says...

yikes these scumbags have got you all at each others throats

problem is that young black males get involved in gangs and as it's on the streets that's what everyone sees and that's what sticks in the mind.

I'm pretty confident that none of you lot are racist but all too easily a persons opinion can get turned into an accusation of racism.

and from the frontline. this country is full of slag in every colour
yikes these scumbags have got you all at each others throats problem is that young black males get involved in gangs and as it's on the streets that's what everyone sees and that's what sticks in the mind. I'm pretty confident that none of you lot are racist but all too easily a persons opinion can get turned into an accusation of racism. and from the frontline. this country is full of slag in every colour Familyguy321
  • Score: 0

2:02am Thu 18 Nov 10

leefender says...

Well this has sparked a decent debate for once! Good to see people aren't allowing themselves to be bullied by the PC brigade and actually saying how they feel. And to fannyflaps (lovely name) Nobody shipped me here, I was fortunate to be born with dual nationality and chose to leave a declining society to live in one where everyone is expected to earn their keep.
Well this has sparked a decent debate for once! Good to see people aren't allowing themselves to be bullied by the PC brigade and actually saying how they feel. And to fannyflaps (lovely name) Nobody shipped me here, I was fortunate to be born with dual nationality and chose to leave a declining society to live in one where everyone is expected to earn their keep. leefender
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree