The sister of a recovering drug addict who died after "failures" at Darent Valley Hospital said her family will be “forever broken” as police confirmed there will be no criminal charges.

Sian Hollands, from Priory Hill in Dartford, died on November 15, 2015, from a pulmonary embolism.

She was taken to Darent Valley Hospital the day before when, according to her family, she was “judged, labelled and ignored” by doctors.

MORE: 'Judged, labelled and ignored' - Dartford mum Sian Holland failed by doctors at Darent Valley Hospital, coroner rules

An inquest heard in March that mother-of-three Ms Hollands was discharged on November 15 between 3 and 4pm, but rushed back to hospital with cardiac arrest and pronounced dead at 9.52pm.

Ms Hollands was recovering from a heroin and crack addiction before the “sudden and catastrophic death”, the court was told.

Kent Police said in April it was investigating whether criminal offences had taken place in the lead-up to the 25-year-old’s death but have said there will no charges.

Ebony Rae-Hollands said justice had still not been done for her sister who she has previously described as “one of a kind”.

Speaking to News Shopper, she said: “I'm angry that the doctors and the trust responsible are not having to face up to the punishment they deserve.

“Sian was judged and labelled and due to there being no safety net in place they failed her and failed to save her.

“I'm angry that the doctors responsible are still allowed to practice medicine and treat patients when my sister is dead.

“Where is the justice in this? I firmly believe that the doctors deserve criminal charges and the trust is responsible for corporate manslaughter.

MORE: Police investigation under way into the death of Sian Hollands at Darent Valley Hospital​

“I feel that the doctors have not had to answer for what they have done, my sister paid the price with her life, my family will be forever broken without her and meanwhile these people carry on without a care in the world.”

In the coroner's final statement in April, the inquest into Ms Hollands' death heard: "The death of Sian Hollands was due to the failures of the doctors at Darent Valley Hospital to examine, diagnose and treat her for pulmonary embolism following her admission to hospital.

"Had they done so, on the balance of probability she would not have died."

The doctors judged her symptoms to be of one suffering from drug withdrawal and failed to consider an alternative diagnosis until it was too late.

The inquest also heard that had Dr Kamran Khan, who discharged Ms Hollands, been aware of notes taken by overnight nurses and ambulance staff that she was suffering with shortness of breath, a symptom of pulmonary embolism, he would not have discharged her.

It was revealed during the inquest that nurse's notes were on the opposite side of a page Dr Khan had written his own notes on.

Barrister Edward Ramsay, representing the family, said to Dr Khan at the inquest: “You have simply failed to read the notes right in front of you.

From 2016: Dartford woman, Sian Hollands, dies in Darent Valley Hospital after misdiagnosis

“All it would have taken is to a simple turning of the page. With a simple turning of the page, Sian Hollands would have still been alive, is that correct?”

Dr Khan responded “yes”, a response that caused members of Ms Hollands’ family to burst into tears and eventually leave the courtroom.

The coroner ruled the failure to treat Ms Hollands was due to “systematic failures in the hospital” and that they “made serious errors in the diagnosis of her medical condition”.

A spokesman for Darent Valley said: “We have offered our sincere condolences and have apologised to the family that Sian did not receive the level of care that she was entitled to expect when she came into the A&E in November 2015.

“Since that time we have kept Sian’s family informed about the many improvements that we have made and were pleased to show them the changes in action. We have arranged to meet with them again in autumn.”

The spokesman said the hospital has looked at how procedures in the emergency department are carried out and produced a plan to avoid this type of incident happening again.

Staffing has also been increased with more doctors in the department providing clinical support 24 hours a day.