A 100 square metre grass area was destroyed by fire in Dartford.


Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Cotton Lane in Dartford to a fire involving grass and undergrowth at 12.37pm yesterday.

The area measured 100 square metres and was completely destroyed in the blaze.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews used a hose reel jet, flexi-packs and beaters to extinguish the fire.

The cause isn't known. 
Firefighters have warned people to avoid starting camp fires and bonfires in woodland and grass areas and to take extra care when disposing of cigarette ends.