Woolwich barracks have been earmarked for closure following a spending review by Sevenoaks MP and secretary of state for defence Michael Fallon.
The Grade II* historic site could be closed by 2028 as the Ministry of Defence battles to make savings.
The building in Repository Road has been in use since 1802 and is one of 91 properties set for by the MoD.
Fusilier Lee Rigby was attacked and murdered by extremists close to the barracks in May 2013.
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- North Korea accused of using south London-based insurers to fund nuclear weapons programme
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Police arrest man on suspicion of funding terrorism
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon