A log store and petrol tank have set on fire in Hartley.
The blaze broke out just before 7pm last night (July 6) when a resident of Church Road added diesel to a wood-burning brazier.
This caused the fire to spread to the log store, which was destroyed.
The front facia and doors of nearby buildings were also damaged.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) crews tackled the blaze using a hose and special cutting equipment that uses water infused with tiny pieces of gravel to slice through plastic, wood, metal and concrete to reach a fire.
Firefighters extinguished the fire at about 8.20pm.
A spokesman said: "The resident was given fire safety advice by firefighters before they left the the scene."