Traffic is being diverted through Bexleyheath due to a collapsed sewer.
Thames Water is currently carrying out repair works in Brampton Road.
While the works are in progress, alternative routes have been made available via Brampton Road, Chestnut Drive, Avenue Road, and Dorcis Avenue or alternatively Brampton Road, Basilon Road, Avenue Road and Glynde Road, Bexleyheath.
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Teenager 'attempting to drown themselves in Lewisham lake' rescued by emergency services
- TRAFFIC WARNING: Expect delays on A2 and M25 in Kent this morning
- JAILED: Drug dealer caught with 70 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in Woolwich
- UPDATE: Several people injured in Greenwich bus crash
The scheduled work began on January 11 is expected to last until January 22.
Parking restrictions are being implemented to ease congestion.
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Apologies for any inconvenience caused."