Traffic is being diverted through Bexleyheath due to a collapsed sewer.
Thames Water is currently carrying out repair works in Brampton Road.
While the works are in progress, alternative routes have been made available via Brampton Road, Chestnut Drive, Avenue Road, and Dorcis Avenue or alternatively Brampton Road, Basilon Road, Avenue Road and Glynde Road, Bexleyheath.
- TRAVEL: No trains between Beckenham Junction and Birkbeck due to electrical failure
- Dartford politicians speak out over animal cruelty sentencing
- Dartford man jailed for throwing corrosive liquid at good Samaritan breaking up fight
- Police raid large cannabis factory at house in Rushey Green
- Police given more time to question south London teenagers arrested on suspicion of terror offences
The scheduled work began on January 11 is expected to last until January 22.
Parking restrictions are being implemented to ease congestion.
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Apologies for any inconvenience caused."