Traffic is being diverted through Bexleyheath due to a collapsed sewer.
Thames Water is currently carrying out repair works in Brampton Road.
While the works are in progress, alternative routes have been made available via Brampton Road, Chestnut Drive, Avenue Road, and Dorcis Avenue or alternatively Brampton Road, Basilon Road, Avenue Road and Glynde Road, Bexleyheath.
- Trains could stop calling at several central stations from south-east London and north Kent
- Mother of Dartford-born Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood says she is 'shocked, saddened, and numbed'
- Rapist gets more jail time after another victim sees his image in News Shopper
- WATCH: Bungling 'robbers' botch getaway on moped after trying to steal cigarettes from Eltham shop
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley
The scheduled work began on January 11 is expected to last until January 22.
Parking restrictions are being implemented to ease congestion.
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Apologies for any inconvenience caused."