Traffic is being diverted through Bexleyheath due to a collapsed sewer.
Thames Water is currently carrying out repair works in Brampton Road.
While the works are in progress, alternative routes have been made available via Brampton Road, Chestnut Drive, Avenue Road, and Dorcis Avenue or alternatively Brampton Road, Basilon Road, Avenue Road and Glynde Road, Bexleyheath.
- UPDATE: Is this the most ridiculous parking fine ever issued?
- Man, 68, dies after being hit by train in Erith
- Fountain of faeces flows down Sidcup street for 36 hours
- 'Keep doors and windows closed': Large fire breaks out in Crayford
- UPDATE: Identity of terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich revealed
The scheduled work began on January 11 is expected to last until January 22.
Parking restrictions are being implemented to ease congestion.
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Apologies for any inconvenience caused."