Traffic is being diverted through Bexleyheath due to a collapsed sewer.
Thames Water is currently carrying out repair works in Brampton Road.
While the works are in progress, alternative routes have been made available via Brampton Road, Chestnut Drive, Avenue Road, and Dorcis Avenue or alternatively Brampton Road, Basilon Road, Avenue Road and Glynde Road, Bexleyheath.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine
The scheduled work began on January 11 is expected to last until January 22.
Parking restrictions are being implemented to ease congestion.
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Apologies for any inconvenience caused."