Fire crews in Kent tackled a large fire which broke out in the early hours of this morning in an industrial unit in Northfleet.
The blaze at the Shellen Security unit is believed to have started at around 4am.
Six fire crews currently remain at the industrial estate, just off Lower Road, with the unit and some surrounding roads remaining closed until further notice.
At around 6.30am eight crews from Kent Fire and Rescue arrived to extinguish the flames using a cold-cut firefighting system and main water jets.
The fire broke out in the early hours of this morning. Picture by Dave Gear.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys
A spokesman for the service confirmed that there have been no reported casualties and the cause of the blaze remains unknown.
Did you see what happened? Get in touch - call 07787273803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.