Police were called out to Lewisham by an irate husband – whose wife had hidden his keys.
Lewisham MPS tweeted just before 5am this morning (January 7) that they were called out to a most unusual incident.
MORE TOP STORIES
- UPDATE: Several people injured in Greenwich bus crash
- Oh dear! Manager tells of moment 'bloody great big deer' runs into West Wickham pub
- Dartford man behind bars over two Albanian kids and 18 adults rescued from sinking ship off Kent coast
- UPDATE: Man bailed after elderly woman dies after being hit by car in Northfleet
- 'Landmark' planning appeal won against Bromley Council
But, after the boys in blue turned up at the door, the seething wife apparently dug the keys out of their hiding place and handed them back over.
Now we've been called by a man whose wife had hidden his keys stopping him from going to work. She gave them back once we arrived...#565PL— Lewisham MPS (@MPSLewisham) January 7, 2016
One of the better excuses for the boss as to why you’re late.
But people were quick to both question and defend the police’s actions.
Many thought it was clearly a ‘waste of police time’, but others pointed out that only occurs when someone has actually lied.
Presumably the man – and it is unclear what he did to evoke such wrath – was able to get to work eventually.
What do you think? Take our poll