Fire crews have tackled a fire bigger than a football pitch in Longfield.
Two fire engines and a fire fogging unit were used to extinguish the blaze in a large field in Hartley Bottom Road.
- APPEAL: Man missing from Orpington
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
The field set alight at 11.30am this morning (July 22) and the fire was under control by 12.30pm.
No one was injured in the blaze.