An Eastenders actor has been spied shopping for new glasses in Gravesend.
Former Northfleet School for Boys - now Northfleet Technology College - pupil, Harry Reid, was spotted buying new specs in the Thamesgate Shopping Centre store on Thursday (July 2) to be worn whilst playing Ben Mitchell on the popular BBC soap.
The 22-year-old made his debut in September last year and recently hit the headlines after hitting back at trolls who posted homophobic comments online following his character's gay kiss with Paul Coker, played by Jonny Labey.
Harry Reid with Specsavers staff Lisa, Lucy and Ashley
- Teens charged with Dartford jewellery robbery
- North Greenwich tube station closed after 'security alert' false alarm
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police find these suspected criminals?
- Off the road: 'Catastrophe' averted as fraudster who took other people's driving tests is jailed
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit
The day after the episode was aired last month, he posted a photo of gay London gangster Ronnie Kray on photo sharing website Instagram.
He said: "It’s upsetting to read the negative tweets about the gay kiss in last night’s episode of @bbceastenders. I only want to ask one question. Would you of called Ronnie Kray disgusting? #whatwouldronniesay"
Specsavers Gravesend store director Blair Hunter said: "We’re very proud to have Harry as a loyal customer."