An Eastenders actor has been spied shopping for new glasses in Gravesend.
Former Northfleet School for Boys - now Northfleet Technology College - pupil, Harry Reid, was spotted buying new specs in the Thamesgate Shopping Centre store on Thursday (July 2) to be worn whilst playing Ben Mitchell on the popular BBC soap.
The 22-year-old made his debut in September last year and recently hit the headlines after hitting back at trolls who posted homophobic comments online following his character's gay kiss with Paul Coker, played by Jonny Labey.
Harry Reid with Specsavers staff Lisa, Lucy and Ashley
- A man has been freed from a car after a 'major' crash involving a police car in Swanley
- This Beckenham fraudster stole £500k from bosses
- UPDATE: Man found dead in pond in Orpington park
- Woman fighting for her life after being hit by van in Blackheath
- Four headteachers in two years and rapid teacher turnover rate leads to inadequate Ofsted report for Bexleyheath school
The day after the episode was aired last month, he posted a photo of gay London gangster Ronnie Kray on photo sharing website Instagram.
He said: "It’s upsetting to read the negative tweets about the gay kiss in last night’s episode of @bbceastenders. I only want to ask one question. Would you of called Ronnie Kray disgusting? #whatwouldronniesay"
Specsavers Gravesend store director Blair Hunter said: "We’re very proud to have Harry as a loyal customer."