A pensioner dubbed a ‘granny racer’ brought a smile to the faces of motorists and residents in Orpington.
St Olave’s Grammar School student David Richards was walking along Sevenoaks Road in Orpington yesterday (March 25), when he spotted something unusual.
Mr Richards, 17, says he was surprised when a lady he described as in her seventies drove past on an interesting vehicle.
Spotting the woman around 3.30pm, he said: “It looked like a side car, but one that acted as a motorcycle.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Keep old of your old pound coins - Lewisham pay and display machines can't accept the new coins
- Long-awaited crossing announcement now expected in the summer
- Sweet justice: Erith drug dealer who hid cocaine in a tub of sweets jailed
- Fundraiser for murdered former Bromley police officer Keith Palmer raises over £700,000
“I never expected to see that.”
He says the woman, who was not wearing a helmet, had her handbag in the back.
From near Langley Park in Beckenham, the student added: “She was only doing about 20 miles an hour though.
“The engine sounded like a moped, like it was really straining even though she wasn’t going that fast.
“I don’t think she had license plates, but the bike looked a bit customised.”